• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#21 free spirit

free spirit

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 737 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:20 AM

removed all by hand. removed hidden drivers and used the cleaner. when the older driver was reinstalled it still wouldn't run/authourise it. something i missed was left. (and before i do anything, i do a system backup so a roll back is about 10 mins, no biggie). .

haven't had time to run up monitoring system to find out what is being changed will get to it by the weekend wink.gif

#22 Unkind

Unkind

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 01:48 PM

Still, try to use sfclean official tool first...
Well, then you need to run _good_ monitoring system i guess, like custom-made by alcohol soft for this purpose, cause otherwise i think starforce'll consider any regmon/filemon-like normal tools as debuggers and thus refuse to run.

Btw, original way of creating mini-images stated:
"Get dpm at low speed. Start creating image but cancel at 15-30%(or 15-30 seconds?), don't delete. Now this image'll pass protection check".
So this involved only using alcohol, ofcourse resulting image would be much bigger and contain unneeded data... But maybe they didn't try to blacklist this method too hard yet and only blacklisted completely empty cd, so, if you can, try this also please, as i don't have i-ninja or X2 version with starforce to experiment.

#23 Clueless

Clueless

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 11:51 AM

hi folks,

i have a little problem with codename panzers - phase one, and i realy don't know what i could have done wrong..

ok heres what i have done.
i made an image with alc ver 1.9.2 (Build 1705) with an TEAC DV-W50D from the original disc with dpm at 1x.
the resulting mds was 3258 bytes, now i cleaned the mdf with ultraiso and saved it as bin/cue, the resulting bin was 68208 bytes.
i renamed the bin to the name of the mdf i've made and copied the mds and the little mfd to a own dir.
as next i have shut down my comp and disconnected my burner (the only optical drive i have in).
after boot i have mounted the mini mdf over the mds to dtools ver 3.46 and tried to start a to ver 1.06 patched panzers, it tried to check the disc a few mins, and comes up with "cant authenticate disc, make sure the disc is an original disc"

someone here mentioned that a newer ver of starforce will stop even games with an older versions from running, how i can see what ver of starforce is on my sys ?

anyone here that can help me, i am clueless blink.gif

thx in advance and sorry if my english isn't that good
greetz from germany biggrin.gif

#24 Midas

Midas

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 05:39 PM

Excuse me, but what exactly do you do with the mds and mdf files? I have them but not sure what to -do- with them, place them in a folder or mount them with some program?
I have dtools and I know how to use it.
What I have understood so far is that you mount the .img file like always, while the mdf, mds files make 'Starforce' happy...

Kinda hard to understand what you're all saying without that much knowledge of all this..

Thanks!

#25 russev

russev

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 01:31 PM

OK I did (i think that i did ) exactly what you said but when i start the game it checks the disk again for 2-3 mins and says wrong cd key. Why?
the first thing that you said to do is to make a cd image. how to do this. i do not have original dick with the game i have images which i hava downloaded from the net. is this the problem? all other things i did as you said the bin-file was tha same size and i renamed it. put it in the virtual drive disconnected all ide drives. please tell me where is my mistake. thanks in advance.

#26 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (russev @ Sep 25 2004, 07:43 AM)
i do not have original dick with the game i have images which i hava downloaded from the net.......please tell me where is my mistake. thanks in advance.

Your mistake was in thinking we support piracy on this board. Alcohol is not designed for the illegal use or duplication of copyrighted materials. What can you do to fix this? It's very easy. Delete the images you downloaded, drive to the nearest computer store (or for penance, drive to the one furthest from you), pick up a copy from the shelf, pull out your wallet and buy it.

See? That wasn't so hard.

#27 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 01:17 AM

What Jito463 said. I'm reluctant to lock this post (due to piracy) seeming its probably helping a lot of people to keep their StarForce 3.3x titles safe, nor do I want it to become a flaming session.

@russev
Alcohol products are not designed for the unauthorised duplication of copyright material. Downloaded game images constitute as unauthorised. You will get not support on this matter.

#28 razaza

razaza

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 01:32 AM

This trick works for me with Soldiers: Heroes of WWII but today, after I bought Panzers and made an image it gives me this Disc Identification Error. This is the English release of Panzer and it's patched to 1.08 (not by me, the English version is already patched, it seems).

Can it be that this error has anything to do with the serial? With SHOWWII there are 2 different serials for different regions. I don't think this is the problem, but just to make sure.

Edited by razaza, 03 October 2004 - 01:33 AM.

#29 Jackie

Jackie

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 01:18 PM

At the next alcohol version will have an updated starforce??

#30 fromnowhere

fromnowhere

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 05:27 PM

Toca Race Driver 2 running without detaching or disabling from bios nothing. I have a nForce2 board with a DVD and CD on IDE. HDDs on serial ata. Using a mini-image of TRD2. To run the game I disable in windows the nVidia IDE Controller. I'm not using the Microsoft IDE driver, but the nVidia IDE driver. TRD2 is updated with patch 1.2.

Edited by fromnowhere, 13 October 2004 - 05:33 PM.

#31 Jackie

Jackie

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 07:04 PM

Maybe in the next version of alcohol you needn't to disable nvidia ide controller.
You will play the game without to disable anything?

#32 fromnowhere

fromnowhere

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 07:00 PM

I deactivate only the driver of the IDE controller. All the drives are connected and the drivers are not disabled in the bios. I checked on my other pc with an hdd and a optical drive on separate channels on IDE interface with the Microsoft IDE driver. The optical drive is on the second channel. Disabling only one channel has no effect. To run, it's needed to disable the second channel from the bios with the drive still connected.

#33 gan23

gan23

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 03:05 AM

Any idea on how to make a working MiniImage with StarForce 3.4.50.01

I'm trying with the game SuperPower 2 but it doesn't seem to work anymore. I can't make it work unless I put the real CD1 in the drive.

Any suggestion?

gan23

#34 Jackie

Jackie

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 01:05 PM

I dont think that there is protection starforce 3.4, but only 3.3.
You cant do anyting now.

Balance removed by zamiel, breach of forum rules.

#35 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 11:48 PM

@Jackie

Those methods of which you spoke are not supported here hence I removed them from your post.

#36 Jackie

Jackie

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 03:04 PM

What are you talking about??MY methodes?? I dont know to use well my english and maybe somotimes will be a misunderstanding.!Sorry if i said something wrong.

Another question is. in the first post.Unkind said you can choose ultra iso. where i can find that? Sorry for all.

#37 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (Jackie @ Oct 24 2004, 03:16 AM)
What are you talking about??MY methodes?? I dont know to use well my english and maybe somotimes will be a misunderstanding.!Sorry if i said something wrong.

Another question is. in the first post.Unkind said you can choose ultra iso. where i can find that? Sorry for all.

No CD's are illegal and as per forum policy we try to remove all reference to them from posts.

Just go to ultraiso.com and download the demo.

#38 Jackie

Jackie

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 08:40 AM

Why alcohol does not support ultara iso ... or other iso??What other iso there are??
EX. winiso....And tell me form where i can download them.Could you help me please???Which iso is the best/??

Edited by Jackie, 24 October 2004 - 09:21 AM.

#39 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:24 PM

UltraISO and WinISO are simply other software programs to create ISO image files of CD's and DVD's. It's not another format.

#40 jahjah

jahjah

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 11:29 PM

Just made a mini-image D-Day.Works perfectly:)Done with UltraIso trick.Thx for the info.D-Day and Soldiers tested and working:))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users