• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BigTy

BigTy

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 10:15 PM

i was looking at the CDfreaks page and someone asked the question Alcohol vs Clone. and i to went through the question. the funny thing is people was like there are other options out there bla bla bla Alcohol isnt the only program out and thats true. and yes try many programs and find what works for u. But a fact is for me Alc is better and i say again FOR ME. they have been out for a short time its beating protections that others are not. and doing it FAST. they will have TWO features that will make life for me easier. Im not saying Clone is bad ive used it for years but it is showing its age and its sad and i know alot of people hate it but dont get mad becuase GOOD compition comes along.

#2 mag046

mag046

1% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 01:43 AM

I was presented with this question...as a Christmas gift choice. Which do I choose? The app that I am familiar with using, or the app that is new? Here are my reasons...and these are my opinions only. Beating the latest copy protections is important, but since gaming is not my lifeblood...there had to be other factors justifying my hard earned cash.

1. Alcohol has lifetime upgrades
2. Alcohol helps me with my registration key replacement if needed
3. Alcohol has lifetime upgrades
3. Alcohol can read media info (ATIP)
4. Alcohol has lifetime upgrades
5. Alcohol works with my burners (Lite-On and Yamaha)
6. Alcohol has lifetime upgrades
7. Alcohol has an excellent user interface
8. Alcohol performs flawlessly

Did I mention the lifetime upgrades...that alone is enough to convince me to give them my support. My respect to the Alcohol team... smile.gif

#3 Ljugtomten

Ljugtomten

Swedish Translator

• Alcohol Translator
  • 437 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 12:36 PM

I've got a license of both Alcohol and CloneCD, but I'm unly using Alcohol.. heck, I don't even have CloneCD installed anymore..

Yup, I got a T-Shirt from Elby some days after christmas, but still I only use Alcohol :-) No point in trying to bribe me ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users