42 replies to this topic

#1 Machiavelli

Machiavelli

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 12:59 PM

Today is a very very sad day indeed I was awakened this morning with a call that a very dear friend and fatherly figure in my life had passed away yesterday April 10th 2005. I know many of you know him and since the demise of cdrtimes, and cdrsoft, i am not sure how to contact most of those who did know Netman. I was in Washington DC this past week and recieved the news that he was in a coma, and then we heard he came out of the coma and was eating and talking. Then today the sad news.

-Machiavelli
Aka Kyle Villareal

P.S.
If someone could let NB from cdrsoft and woody know I don't see them on these boards anywhere. Phenoix I have your ICQ so I will try to contact you with more info when I get it.

In memory of Netman aka Mark Tindell
July 30, 1953 - April 10, 2005

Edited by Machiavelli, 11 April 2005 - 01:09 PM.

#2 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 01:15 PM

Please accept my sincere condolences on your loss.

#3 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:46 PM

@Kyle

It has been a while since I have seen you, this is indeed a sad day and you come with bad news, my thoughts are with Marks wife and children at this time.

Most of the guys who knew Mark are on this forum so I am sure they will see your message, I will try to get hold of woody to let him know.

For those who do not know, Mark was an inspiration to many people and gave his time and advice freely to offer help to many people, I am sure that there are many who benefited form marks years of experience.

I first came to know mark when I was a moderator on the old CDRForum.com,

I split from that forum and started CDRTimes.net Mark came with me as admin and our site went from strength to strength, however 3 odd years ago when Alcohol was first brought to the attention of people through the news section of CDRTimes.net We were approached to set up and run the official Support forum as you see here today, Mark spent many hours along with the rest on the team in those early days setting up the support forum and helping new users of Alcohol.

He will surely be missed.

--------------------------------------------

Kyle . Just incase you have an older ICQ number PM me or mail me please.

#4 Robbo

Robbo

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 04:07 PM

My Heartfelt condolances go out to Marks family, i got to know Mark in my days as a Admin for CDRTimes could ask him anytime for advice and would be given it freely with regards to burning,Computers etc, as Phoenix has already said this was a man who enjoyed helping others, had a really great sense of humor.

Netman Rest in peace M8 weīll miss you.

#5 Lvsitano

Lvsitano

Portuguese Translator

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:43 PM

My condolences to Netman's family sad.gif

#6 NARS

NARS

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:58 PM

RIP

My condolences also.

#7 Quinton

Quinton

Sales & Marketing

• Sales & Marketing
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:32 PM

I am sorry i did not get to know you more than what i should have but the one thing i will always remeber is your little "advatar"
You typing away as fast as you could, it always made me laugh.

Just a blast from the past
http://web.archive.o...=article&sid=22

My heart goes out to you and your family.

-----------

Quinton

#8 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:16 PM

WOW, what a terrible loss! I became friends with Mark a long time ago when I was a MOD on CDRTIMES, and really learned a lot from him. I will surly miss him. My prayers are with you Mark and with your family........... Heaven will be a better place with you there......

#9 Ljugtomten

Ljugtomten

Swedish Translator

• Alcohol Translator
  • 437 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:00 PM

This is spooky.. I just asked Phoenix about Netman, since it was a long time since I heard from him.. And he informs me of this thread..

I knew Netman from a site named MitsumiCDR, and he was the one who told me about Alcohol, and asked if I wanted to be a translator..

As Phoenix wrote: He will surely be missed.

#10 Iluro80

Iluro80

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 11:03 PM

My condolences to Netman's family too.... a long time without viewing his avatar and now... sad.gif

#11 Woodydvdrbase

Woodydvdrbase

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 02:35 AM

Machiavelli I got your message,thankyou.

Netman,and I go back a ways.This comes as a complete shock.My condolences to his family&friends,he made many friends along the way....

I'm really gonna miss him teasing me about our cold Canadian weather.

Ugh.....I feel sick...sorry...

Doesn't seem fair.

#12 Machiavelli

Machiavelli

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 06:42 AM

I have put up a donation page for Mark. I know many of you are not in the US, and it makes it hard to help out directly, so I am hoping this will give an avenue to those who want to help out.

Donations for Netman's Family and or flower costs.

Edited by Machiavelli, 12 April 2005 - 06:44 AM.

#13 ChickenMan

ChickenMan

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:19 AM

A sad day indead, I have know Mark since way back in the CDRForum days through to his time at DVDRBase.

My condolences to Mark's family, he will be sadly missed.

Alan

#14 Bulk

Bulk

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 489 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:23 AM

Oh no sad.gif

I didn't realise who you meant by Mark... I knew him as many others did as Netman.
He was an ever present a few years ago.

A total shame that he is not with us anymore.

Condolences to his family.

R.I.P Netman aka Mark.

Legend!

Edited by Bulk, 12 April 2005 - 11:27 AM.

#15 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:47 PM

On behalf of Alcohol Soft and the support team i have made a donation of 150 USD. if any others wish to make a donation towards the cost of flowers please feel free to do so.

If you would simply like your name on the card please post in this topic so that Kyle can arrange this, note the funeral is on Thursday so please post as soon as possible.

So far we have

Paul (Phoenix)
Robbo (Dave)
Tron (Dan)
Spellchecker (Manuela)
Alcohol Dev Team
Woody

Note: you do not need to make a donation to have your name added to the card.

#16 Pappy

Pappy

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 302 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 04:22 PM

Phoenix, Robbo, Tron, Machiavelli...it is with great sadness that I have read today the awful news about Mark - Netman. I know how close you all were to him, you have my sincere condolences as does his family.

I had the very good fortune to meet and learn from all of you at CDRTimes, a tremendous forum and resource. All of you and Netman were of invaluable assistance to me. He had a great sense of humour and was a fellow "scotch" appreciater. I will hoist one tonight in his honour.

Once again, my condolences to all.

#17 Machiavelli

Machiavelli

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 04:33 PM

Ok Just incase there is any one that is local and would like to attend the service here is the information:

Thursday April 14th, 2005 @ 10:00 am
South Side Baptist Church
505 S. 10th St.
Wauchula, FL

I do have his personal address if you would like it feel free to PM me and I will give it. I just wasn't sure it should be posted for all the world to see.

I would like to thank all of you for the responses, and I am sure his family will appreciate it as well.

#18 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:06 PM

I didnīt have a chance to know Netman myself, seeing the response of so many people from Alcohol, he must have been a really greath man.

May I take the liberty to say:

Please accept my sincere condolences on your loss.

#19 Master

Master

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:17 PM

I knew him since the good old days of the cdrforum.

He was a very helpfull and fine man. I will miss him.

Rest in peace old friend

Edited by Master, 13 April 2005 - 10:45 AM.

#20 Attila

Attila

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:40 PM

My condolences to Machiavelli and to whomever else was close to Mark. I did not know him but he must have been truly a great individual who will be sorely missed based on everyone's comments here.

If there is any consolation, at least you can take heart in the fact that he is not spending time suffering as so many do in their last days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users