• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:40 PM

For those who often spoke with Mark but never knew what he looked like, i have taken the liberty of placing the picture below. This picture was a long standing joke with CDRTimes when mark once uploaded it to the forum as the (Netman fan club wallpaper.)

In memory of Netman aka Mark Tindell
July 30, 1955 - April 10, 2005

R.I.P.

Marcus D. Tindell

TINDELL, Marcus D., 49, of Wauchula, passed away Sunday, April 10, 2005, in Sebring. He was born July 30, 1955 in Wauchula and was a lifelong resident. He was a computer networking instructor and a member of Southside Baptist Church. Marcus liked to hunt and fish, loved his dog, Jake, and loved to work and teach computers. He was respected for his work as a certified network engineer. Survivors include his wife, Linda Sue Tindell; his son, Christopher M. Tindell; his daughter, Mary Jane Tindell, all of Wauchula; his parents, Earl and Juanita Tindell of Frostproof, Fla.; his brother, David A. and wife, Ann of Haines City, Fla.; numerous family and friends. Memorial services will be Thursday, April 14, 2005, at 10 a.m. at Southside Baptist Church. Arrangements entrusted to BRANT FUNERAL CHAPEL (863) 773-9451
Published in the TBO.com on 4/12/2005.

#22 Attila

Attila

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:05 PM

Only 52 years old, thats too damn young to die.

Thanks for the picture Phoenix. I'm sure folks will appreciate putting a face to a name.

#23 roady

roady

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:32 PM

He will be missed @ every place he ever visited,because of his helpful nature.....
RIP,bud......sad.gif

Edited by roady, 12 April 2005 - 11:33 PM.

#24 Bulk

Bulk

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 489 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Apr 12 2005, 06:54 AM)
I have put up a donation page for Mark.  I know many of you are not in the US, and it makes it hard to help out directly, so I am hoping this will give an avenue to those who want to help out.

Donations for Netman's Family and or flower costs.

Im not rich by any stretch of the imagination, but you will find a small donation of $20 to help with whatever.

#25 Machiavelli

Machiavelli

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:14 AM

Paul thank you for finding that picture, I was unable to locate it. Many times Mark would provide me with CD's of various tools and software, and on the last one I got he put that picture as the cover. And then of course hung it up all over the school, man I am really gonna miss him!

Also please update Pheonix's list of names to go on the card. Again you DO NOT have to make a donation for your name to be put on. I will monitor this topic and then first thing in the morning tomorrow I will place the order.

Paul (Phoenix)
Robbo (Dave)
Tron (Dan)
Spellchecker (Manuela)
Alcohol Dev Team
Woody
Kyle (Machiavelli)
Bulk
DT Team
Viper 1069 (DVDRBase.com-team)
Master (Ralf)

Edited by Phoenix, 13 April 2005 - 09:42 PM.

#26 LocutusofBorg

LocutusofBorg

DTools Administration

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:45 AM

damn, only 52. I knew him from the old CDRTimes board. We are with
his wife and children. He was always a helpfull person, he always found the right
words for everyone.

Please include "DT Team" to the card!

Thank you

#27 BigTy

BigTy

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 11:46 AM

I met Mark here in the early day of Alc120 he was a funny and cool guy to deal with. I am sorry to see him go.

I gave check your paypal.

Edited by BigTy, 13 April 2005 - 11:48 AM.

#28 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:10 PM

I didnt know him personally, but from what I have read in forums and what you have all put out I do wish my sympathy's to his family.

#29 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:53 PM

I wan't to express my condolescens to all the people of Alcohol for their loss.

#30 Machiavelli

Machiavelli

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 04:46 PM

http://legacy.com/TB...ersonId=3403927

I was going off of his Birth day provided on his profile. Looks like I was off a bit, occording to the obiturary. Just an update the flowers have been ordered, And I give his wife along with a card from my wife and I close to 100 dollars that was donated, I am quite sure she will appreciate every bit. Again thank you all, and as Paul said he is gone but will never be forgotten.

#31 Master

Master

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 07:44 PM

Hello Phoenix,

please put Viper 1069 from the DVDRBase.com-team to the card.
He asked me to post it here because he isnīt a member at this forum.

And please put my name to the card too. Master (Ralf)

Thanks

Edited by Master, 13 April 2005 - 07:49 PM.

#32 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 09:46 PM

@Master,

Nice to hear from you.

I have added as you requested, however i am not sure if Kyle has already made the arrangements, i will be sending Sue (Marks wife) a card and if your names were not added to the one going with the flowers i will be sure to add it to the one i send.

#33 Pappy

Pappy

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 302 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 11:26 PM

Hello Phoenix...it may be too late now but if it's possible to add my name I would appreciate it. I should have said this in my last post, sorry.

#34 Machiavelli

Machiavelli

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 11:39 PM

I have already placed the order so Paul will have to add you to his card. Sorry, I just wanted to make sure it got there in time.

#35 the1englishmann

the1englishmann

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 01:03 AM

Well first i would like so say that i felt sick when paul told me of netmans passing.
We went back a LONG way what with cdrtimes and all.
I did know of his passing from paul AKA phoenix phoning me.
I was in two minds as to posting or not, but purly out of respect to netman and his family i thought i would drop in and pay my last respects in the only way possible.
RIP
Netman. And to your family, i hope they have the strength needed in a time like this.
Best regards
the1englishman AKA Justin Ford.

Edited by the1englishmann, 14 April 2005 - 01:04 AM.

#36 Master

Master

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:27 AM

Hello Phoenix,

i hope that it isnīt too late but Viper likes to include this line to the card:

Viper 1069 from the DVDRBase.com-team and from all the dvdrbase team and forum users.

Thanks again

Edited by Master, 14 April 2005 - 06:33 AM.

#37 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:14 AM

@Master No problem, considder it done, and also all others that have asked.

#38 Machiavelli

Machiavelli

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:16 PM

Just returned home from the service, and it was as good as a funeral service can be. Standing room only. I printed as many of the comments that were posted as of this AM and gave a copy to his wife and one to his parents. They both wanted me to make sure I sad thank you from them. Paul the flowers were great, 2nd largest arrangement and the only one with roses. But the family is doing as well as can be expected. Again I thank everyone here for there support to the family and each other as friends of one of the best guys I have ever known.

#39 Robbo

Robbo

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:54 PM

Many thanks for the heads up Kyle a little later i will raise a glass to the memory of one of the nicest guys ever to grace this earth.

#40 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 08:34 PM

@Kyle

Echoing Daves remark, thanks for the heads up,

I would have liked to have been there in person, but at such short notice it was just not possible to arrange flights etc, I really appreciate your help with the flowers etc, and have myself sent a card directly to Sue to include the names of the guys who you were unable to add.

As a sign of respect to Mark, I have altered his user name on our database to show Netman R.I.P as long as this forum continues Mark will always be a part of it, I am sure he would have wanted that.

He will be sadly missed by many people. And at this time our thoughts are with his family. There are few people who will attain the respect that many had for Mark and it will be a long time before his name becomes just a distant memory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users