38 replies to this topic

#21 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 04:33 PM

@MaLing

You mean Arnold "I'll be Back" the Terminator/ govenator?

His first name is pronounced Ahhhhnold, and the last name schwarzenegger is a bit harder. Shwarz is like sh with Quartz with out the Q then en as "in" then "egg" "er". Or if you need help with the first part rent the english version movie of Space Balls, they refer to the power of the Schwartz (plusthe whole movie is pretty funny.

#22 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 06:18 AM

Yes Shawn, I mean the C.A. governor.

Ok. so his name is Arnold Schwarzenegger, pronounced as 'AR.n@ld SH-WAR.sin.EGG.@r'. I am afraid I will forget it after a short while. smile.gif

From his name and accent, I do not think he is an American. What is his nationality by the way?

Do you have that programme on television in the USA?

Oh, Jackie, sorry, I forgot that you may not have that programme in Greece. The USA and Hong Kong recently join together for anti-piracy. They have filmed the governor of Carlifornia Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jackie Chan advertising on television.

Edited by MaLing, 25 November 2005 - 08:14 AM.

#23 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 02:34 PM

He's originally German. In fact, that came up when he was running for Governer because some people claimed his father was part of the SS. He obviously still won, though.

#24 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 05:33 PM

Actually he claims Austrian decent not German. I have heard some get a little upset mixing the 2.

#25 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:17 AM

I have watched serveral of his films. From his accent, I know he is a foreigner to America.

I like Terminator one, but I find that two and three are not as good as it. Out of all I have seen, I like True Lies the most despite I like Terminator one a lot.

Emm...Just one thing: In his name 'Schwarzenegger', is the red letter pronounced as s, z, ts, or tz?

Edited by MaLing, 28 November 2005 - 07:17 AM.

#26 Annex

Annex

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (MaLing @ Nov 28 2005, 08:29 AM)
I have watched serveral of his films. From his accent, I know he is a foreigner to America.

I like Terminator one, but I find that two and three are not as good as it. Out of all I have seen, I like True Lies the most despite I like Terminator one a lot.

Emm...Just one thing: In his name 'Schwarzenegger', is the red letter pronounced as s, z, ts, or tz?

Im german but its difficult to explain smile.gif a tz: its the t from pssst and then a z wink.gif i hope i could help you smile.gif

Edited by Annex, 28 November 2005 - 02:16 PM.

#27 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 05:54 AM

All right, correction: AR.n@ld SH-WAR-T.sin.EGG.@r yahoo.gif 100 marks clap.gif

#28 Annex

Annex

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 05:49 PM

Very creative smile.gif what about: Ahrnhold BlackTzinnÄkker wacko.gif ? smile.gif

THE TRANSLATION for u:

Black = Schwarz (german)
Zinn (german) = 'Zn' in the Periodic system like tz
Ägger = egger, you spell it like this in german smile.gif

common overtop it smile.gif

#29 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:53 AM

So Schwarzenegger means a 'Periodic black egger'? (Someone collects black eggs sometimes) biggrin.gif Very funny.

Umm.. One more question... So he is an Austrian with a German name? Or he is a German who was born in a German-Speaking area in Austria?

#30 Combiseries

Combiseries

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 208 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 09:08 AM

Happy Birthday

#31 Annex

Annex

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:35 PM

Oh i must correct something smile.gif 'Zinn' (german) is on 'periodic system of the elements' on position 50. Sn is the short letters for it whistling.gif in english is it 'tin' !

I know that there a lot of crazy chinese smile.gif but black eggs ? Uff ! They have really crazy hobbies smile.gif
The 'someone' is maybe you smile.gif

I know that Arni was born in Austria in a town names Thal in the near from Graz. His birthday is the 30.7.1947 ! So ! I'm sorry i couldn't find any information where Schwarzenegger come from !
It's often very difficult to find out where name come from. You can phone somebody who look for it. But expensive. A long trip for this man.

But Arnold:

Arnold is a given name deriving from the Germanic words for arn (eagle) and walden (to rule). The name had largly disappeared from use by the 19th Century, but was then revived along with many other medieval Germanic names.

#32 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:31 AM

Wow... Annex, that is much more than I expected, very informative, thank you.

QUOTE (Annex(in PM))
Do you know something about your name/surname ? And your family trace ?

Yes, I think I do. I will tell you the facts as far as I know.

MaLing in fact are two words: Ma and Ling, they are both surnames, and contain many meanings in Chinese, but the actual meanings of them are below:

Ma: The most common and well known meaning is 'Horse', but here it is not. It actually was the name of an ancient city (roughly 2500 years ago) in China. The monarch at that time awarded the driver of a carriage this city 'Ma' under the feudalism. The driver treated it as his supreme honour, so he changed his surname to Ma.

Ling: The well known meanings of it are 'near', 'in the sky', etc., but here it means 'Ice'. In the ancient time (roughly 3000 years ago) in China, the job of an officer of the empire was to store and look after ice (there were no refrigerators and electricity). The titile of his post was 'Ice Man', and he took this title as his surname.

Edited by MaLing, 01 December 2005 - 06:56 AM.

#33 Annex

Annex

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:10 PM

smile.gif very informative smile.gif Ok I required some time to find it out but for me is it easier for me than for you smile.gif many of Arnie-websites are in german smile.gif

Edited by Annex, 02 December 2005 - 02:22 PM.

#34 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:37 PM

@MaLing

So combining the two, does this mean your name is City of Ice, or IceCity?

#35 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 06:36 AM

Annex, never mind, it is just a general chat, I do not mean to urge for the details, do not bother to look for them. smile.gif Or I will find them in the internet myself whenever I want them. Thank you.

Shawn, well it is just a combination of these two words, there is no special meaning, so you can say city of ice, ice-city, or even ice in city, ice of city, etc. smile.gif

Edited by MaLing, 02 December 2005 - 06:36 AM.

#36 Annex

Annex

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 02:21 PM

Yes yes BUT I couldn't find something useful about his name and so i think when I couldn't find the meaning why you ?

But i see the pictures of him when he was Mr. Univerum ! Very interesting smile.gif

#37 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 02:44 PM

All right, if at the moment it is not easy to look for his information, then I will try it in few months or later... provided I still have that memory. smile.gif Thank you for searching for me anyway.

Edited by MaLing, 02 December 2005 - 02:45 PM.

#38 Annex

Annex

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:25 PM

every time again cool.gif

Edited by Annex, 02 December 2005 - 04:26 PM.

#39 2005

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:27 PM

offtopic.gif ban.gif offtopic.gif ban.gif offtopic.gif ban.gif offtopic.gif ban.gif offtopic.gif ban.gif offtopic.gif ban.gif offtopic.gif ban.gif offtopic.gif ban.gif

sorry.gif welcomeani.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users