• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 12:06 AM

Good luck to you Charalambos. Luckily laptops come with restore discs, it should be an easy job. smile.gif

#22 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 09:35 AM

Thank you both. I'll install Windows again from the recovery CD and I'll use AVG free, not that I disagree about NOD32 but AVG free is a free software and yet it does the work. As for NIS the fact is that the first time I connected to the web with my laptop everything seemed to work allright. The problems stareted after I went to the internet cafe, connected my laprtop to its DSL network and dowloanded, beside the critical Windows updates, all the updates available for NIS with the Live Update feature. I now wonder if there was a bug in these updates... Shawn nee, have you also updated NIS and have you noticed anything strange? Anyway, if there was a bug I wish that I have been its only victim. ph34r.gif

#23 Number99

Number99

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ May 6 2006, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
, beside the critical Windows updates, all the updates available for NIS with the Live Update feature. I now wonder if there was a bug in these updates...

There are sometimes bugs in the updates I´ve noticed, that causes problems sometimes. But they are usually fixed in a day or two. So perhaps you should run your LiveUpdate thingy again?

#24 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 12:52 PM

After reinstalling after a full hard disk format without NIS I have the same problems again except for the blockage of the Alcohol's forum. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif I don't know what else to do, so I'll just accept the situation. Perhaps my web connection is a bit problematic, yet I still can't understand why I can open some URLs and can't open some others. Only God knows... Sorry for consuming your time, the only significant thing in this story is this problem with NIS and Alcohol, please forget anything else I've said. sorry.gif

#25 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:08 PM

If this is the case, I sincerely suggest that you should try another browser. smile.gif

#26 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 02:01 PM

I checked and am all up to date, with no issues on accessing websites or hotmail, yahoo, or google accounts. I think you got hit when you were updating. Something may have gotten stuck in the updates for some odd reason, but I can verify I am full speed running right now with no issues as of yet.

#27 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 10:46 AM

That's good shawn nee. As far as I am regarded I installed again and this time I use AVG. I had a terrible time yesterday updating its virus definitions, the downloading of it was frequently interrupted, luckily AVG Update was successfull at resuming it- NIS Live Update wasn't and that was really a serious problem. I had my telephone connection checked and it's allright, so at last I believe that the problem is due to my ISP- at least its server that I connect to from the point I connect to the internet. So I'm going to try with one more, I hope I'll be lucky enough to have my problems solved.

#28 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:01 PM

Well, it really was an ISP issue. I connect to the internet with a net card. I bought and used a net card of another ISP and, not only I was able to enter my hotmail account from my laptop, but I also fully updated my Windows and AVG Free. I'll continue using the old card until it expires for internet roaming and for this forum. I am really happy that I found the solution to my problem. yahoo.gif

#29 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 10:04 PM

CONGRATULATIONS! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

#30 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:01 AM

Thank you very much MaLing, along with everybody who had a look in my problem.

#31 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 01:23 PM

Well I'm glad you found the problem. Hope all is well with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users