4521 Insatallation Problem

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Trial User_Llewton_*

Trial User_Llewton_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:46 PM

Hi Gang,
I donloaded the trial version of the new version or Alcohol 120 and in the intall process it said do not continue install if you have kernel deguggers running. Apparently there's a conflict with new SPDT driver layers or something. Well I didn't think I had a kernel debugger running and continued the install. The next thing I knew was that I couldn't boot into XP, just kept going back to the boot screen. Does anyone know how to turn off kernel debuggers? I would really like to try the new version but not if it's going to wreck havoc with my computer. I solved the problem by booting into safe Mode, it actually wouldn't do this and kept going back to the boot screen until I notitced at the bottom of the safe mode load, "loading SPDT press ESC to stop" when I did this it booted into safe mode and I was able to do a System Restore to a point before I started the install. Anyone have any suggestions (any Alcohol 120 techs out there???)? I really want to try this one as I had a problem trying to backup a game (couldn't read DPM with a securom 7.000023 protection and I noticed that the new version has inproved DPM measurement). Thanks in advance

Bill

#2 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:04 PM

I've deleted the spdt files from the Windows System 32 subdirectory and have disabled SPDT start (changed to 4) in the registry. However got the same problem. I'm now running a 4327 version trial which works perfectly. Just want to be able to install and use the current 4521 version. Thanks in advance.

#3 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:55 PM

Here is my System info log if it shows anything that could be the cause of this:

System Report removed by zamiel

#4 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 04:05 PM

Hi,
Anything show up from the system info report? Would really like to get the new version installed on my computer

#5 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:10 PM

Version: 1.9.5 ( Build 4327 )

System report says you're a version behind, please download the latest trial version (4521) and give that a shot.

#6 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:54 PM

It's attempting to install 4521 that I'm having the problem with, 4327 runs fine.

#7 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:22 AM

Start Windows in safe-mode and run "sptdinst_xXX add" (you will need to use command line to run it with add parameter), then reboot into normal mode and run Alcohol installation again.

For 32bit operating systems:
http://www.daemon-to...p...nload&id=87

For 64bit operating systems:
http://www.daemon-to...p...nload&id=86

#8 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:21 AM

Check your C:\Windows\minidump directory for the latest minidump file. Send it to support @ alcohol-soft.com (remove the spaces) and link to this thread. It will give us a better idea of where the problem is.

#9 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:12 PM

Ok I tried to install the sptdinst-v125.x86.exe add through the command prompt (file is on my desktop) and got "file is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or Batch file. So how do I get this to install?

As per the minidump the latest one is from 5/20/06. Will this tell you current conditions or is there a way to get a current one to send to you. Thanks for your prompt replies.

#10 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:04 PM

Just so you know I am Llewton (all the guest posts) who started this post. I successfully installed the sptdinst file, however when I booted back to normal and tried to install 4521 I got the same result, XP would start to boot up but then I got thrown back to the boot screen. HELP!! Thanks in advance

#11 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:38 AM

Do again as Zamiel said and run "sptdinst_xXX remove" first to make sure that all the SPTD 1.29 elements are completely removed, then run the "sptdinst_xXX add" command.

#12 Trial User_Llewton_*

Trial User_Llewton_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:18 PM

OK I booted into safe mode and removed Sptdinst file. Closed down, rebooted into safe mode and did sptdinst ADD. Closed down then rebooted into safe mode and attempted to install 4521, on install reboot same thing happened!!! XP would start to load up and I'd be thrown back to boot start screen.

#13 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:26 PM

Have a look in C:\Windows\Minidump and send the latest minidump to the support team at support_team@alcohol-soft.com and reference this thread.

#14 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2006 - 04:08 PM

Hi Zamiel,
The last minidump file is dated 5/20/06. None for while this problem has been going on. Is this one from May going to tell you anything?

#15 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 05:04 PM

XP would start to load up and I'd be thrown back to boot start screen

Probably not, just assumed you were spontaneously rebooting.

Have you tried the latest version of SPTD here:

http://www.duplexsecure.com/faq/

#16 Trial User_Llewton_*

Trial User_Llewton_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2006 - 05:46 PM

Hi Zamiel,
Actually it does spontaneously reboot, getts to the second progressing dot line (usually 2 dots and reverts back to the start boot screen and then tries again to reboot ina never ending circle till I stop it and use GoBack to get to a point before I started to install 4521. I let it go a bit and booted using debugger mode to get back in and checked but there was no new minidump file. I even tried to boot in the boot logging mode to try and get you something to work with but it didn't even create that. Will try SPTD version 129 as the last one you gave me was 125. Hopefully that will work. Thanks for your help attempts.

#17 Trial User_Llewton_*

Trial User_Llewton_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:17 PM

Well I tried installing SPTD version 129 and got the same looping continuous spontaneous reboot. Am I fated to be stuck with 4327 and never be able to upgrade in the future?

#18 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:22 PM

I got a current NTBTlog which I'll send over. Hopefully this will give you a clue. No new minidump unfortuanately.

#19 Trial User_ratherfrustrated_*

Trial User_ratherfrustrated_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2006 - 01:39 PM

ok so installed and got the same message as the first post and like him didnt think i had one running the same results happen to me i cant get past the windows xp welcome screen except it just sits there for me and does nothing i tried to go to safe mode but it wont even load i used windows recovery console to disable sptd.sys but no avail still stuck at the same thing

#20 Trial User_Llewton_*

Trial User_Llewton_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2006 - 04:25 PM

Anyone have any further thoughts on this? Zamiell, did you see the log I sent? Nuno suggested I delete VAX files from the registry but one won't delete.

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users