Virtual and Physical drives?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Trial User_Trial User_Chance_*_*

Trial User_Trial User_Chance_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:48 PM

I got a game without the DVD, but for some reason it will only read from D: drive. I made a virtual drive (F:) with the DVD content on it, but I can't get the game to run off of it. I tried sharing the 2 but that didn't work, any help?

#2 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 01:18 AM

http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=23848

#3 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE (Trial User_Chance_* @ Dec 20 2006, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got a game without the DVD

I don't understand what you mean.  Can you clarify please?

#4 Trial User_dge_*

Trial User_dge_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2006 - 06:23 AM

Same problem here.

i uninstall, reboot and reinstall with administrator rights.

#5 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE (dge @ Dec 21 2006, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same problem here.

i uninstall, reboot and reinstall with administrator rights.

http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=23848

#6 Trial User_Trial User_Chance_*_*

Trial User_Trial User_Chance_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:40 AM

._.; I'm really not sure how to get the System Report, and I mean I don't physically have the DVD with me, only the files of it.I can't get the game to read from the virutal drive I made,It only tries the physical ones.

#7 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 01:20 PM

Inside Alcohol select the View Menu and choose the System Info option. Cut and paste the report in to a post here.

Where is the original DVD?

#8 Trial User_Trial1234_*

Trial User_Trial1234_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2006 - 01:21 PM

I also have a similar problem eventhough I own a copy of the game. Here is my problem.

I am able to copy the game (LEGO Star Wars II) from the original purchased CDrom and install as a virtual drive. However
when the original CD is removed from the D:\ drive the game will not load and insists that I insert the original CD in the D drive.
The CD was loaded in a virtual E drive. I even disabled the physical cddrive and reinstall the game from the virtual drive, the game starts, but then it asks for the original cd rom in a D drive. Renaming the virtual and physical drives also does not work. The game simply asks for the disk to be placed in (the letter associated with) the physical drive.

Here is the report

#9 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:43 PM

@dge

Please register for the customer forum where you'll get priority support as a registered customer.

@Trial1234
Have you installed the game from the virtual drive? What settings did you use to make the image?

#10 Trial User_Trial1234_*

Trial User_Trial1234_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (zamiel @ Dec 27 2006, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

@Trial1234
Have you installed the game from the virtual drive? What settings did you use to make the image?

Yes I was able to install from the virtual drive and it works fine with the original CD in drive D.

The settings on Image Maker Wizard were
Securom *NEW 4/5/7, DPM Precision High, Read sub-Channel Data from current disc, and Skip reading errors. And a slow speed of 4X was used when performing DPM.

On Emulation the settings with everything unchecked was tried and when that did not work the following was tried: check RMPS, check Launch ``Burning …’’, and on extra emulation check sub-Channel Data Fixed and emulation.

Again, the problem is that the game does not run without the original disc in drive D. It appears to find the virtual drive, but then
I get the following message:

``Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original "LEGO Star Wars II" disc
in drive D:.
Please have a look at http://www.securom.c...age.asp?m=other for further, more detailed information.''

#11 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 11:36 AM

It seems that your image isn't very good, please try making it again with the same datatype and obtaining the DPM data at 1x speed.

#12 Trial User_Trial1234_*

Trial User_Trial1234_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Dec 28 2006, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems that your image isn't very good, please try making it again with the same datatype and obtaining the DPM data at 1x speed.

But there is no indication that the image is not good. In fact the program stated that the DPM process was successful. In order to do DPM, a read speed of 2X was used. At a read speed of 1X, the DPM was not successful; The message from the program was something like cannot do DPM with the device (at that speed).

Using the image that was obtained from a successful imaging process I was able to burn the game on to CD. Running the game requires the original in the physical drive. On attempting to use the burned CD in place of the original in the D drive, the game did not start and here is the message

``Unable to authenticate original disc within time limit.
Please have a look at http://www.securom.c...e.asp?m=timeout for further, more detailed information.

Try again?’’

If I hit ``Try again” then the report is as follows

``Please insert the original disc instead of a backup (1000).

Please have a look at http://www.securom.c...p?m=copy&c=1000 for further, more detailed information. “

#13 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 02:18 AM

Try using CureRom or Pr0t.St0p to help with blacklisting issues.

#14 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:33 AM

Unable to authenticate original disc within time limit.

This message is typical for a not working image. It seems that your drive isn't capable of successfully reading the DPM data. Try to use another drive for doing this.

#15 Trial User_Trial1234_*

Trial User_Trial1234_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Dec 29 2006, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unable to authenticate original disc within time limit.

This message is typical for a not working image. It seems that your drive isn't capable of successfully reading the DPM data. Try to use another drive for doing this.

Happy holidays!

Today I used two other drives to make the images. As previously reported, I was able to successfully make an image without any DPM error when the read speed was set at 2X. However at a read speed of 1X the program reported that the DPM process was not successful. The drive used in those test was the Pioneer DVR-110D; an excellent DVD-RW drive. Today I used two CD-RW drives to make images: a low end Hi-Val unit, and a generic Hitachi drive. In both cases it was possible to obtain an image without DPM errors when reading at 1X. Each image was burnt to CD and voila the game did run with the copied image on CD. Success in that stage!

The game did not run with the mounted image. Using CureRom as suggested, the game did run with the mounted image. Not sure if I will continue to use CureRom but it is nice to have a choice. Thanks! The software was purchased before the break but I was reluctant to install it during this trial. Thanks Charalambos, Thanks Zamiel.

#16 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:12 AM

You are welcome. smile.gif
As zamiel said to @dge:

Please register for the customer forum where you'll get priority support as a registered customer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users