says to insert the right disc

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Trial User_Trial User_tim_*_*

Trial User_Trial User_tim_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:17 PM

I was able to burn an image of command on conquer 3 to my harddrive. it is all one file that is about 8gbs. when the game starts up it says that i need to insert the right disc. what am i doing wrong? i don't have all the discs. all i have is one big file so how can i burn the image file of the first disc if i can only burn the image of the entire 8gb file? thanks

System report removed by zamiel

#2 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:41 PM

Alcohol 52% Free Edition has no burning capabilities it simply allows you to make images. Providing the image is made correctly, simply mount the game in the virtual drive, install it, then play. Many games will look for the disc in the drive they were installed from, so if you have installed it from your DVD drive, you will need to uninstall and reinstall it using the virtual drive.

#3 Trial User_Trial User_tim_*_*

• Guests

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (zamiel @ Jun 7 2007, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alcohol 52% Free Edition has no burning capabilities it simply allows you to make images. Providing the image is made correctly, simply mount the game in the virtual drive, install it, then play. Many games will look for the disc in the drive they were installed from, so if you have installed it from your DVD drive, you will need to uninstall and reinstall it using the virtual drive.

the games main menu startes up on my my harddrive but when i click on the play button on the main menu it says: the wrong disc is inserted, please insert the original command and conquer 3 cd/dvd i don't know what it wants. thanks

#4 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:34 PM

The game wants to authenticate the disc, however my answer still remains the same. Did you install the game from the Virtual Drive?

If not then its looking for an actual disc in the drive that it was installed from.

The virtual drive acts like a physical drive, but instead of inserting CD/DVDs you mount images of CD/DVDs on it.

#5 Trial User_Trial User_tim_*_*

• Guests

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (zamiel @ Jun 7 2007, 05:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The game wants to authenticate the disc, however my answer still remains the same. Did you install the game from the Virtual Drive?

If not then its looking for an actual disc in the drive that it was installed from.

The virtual drive acts like a physical drive, but instead of inserting CD/DVDs you mount images of CD/DVDs on it.

yes i have mounted the drive on my virtual drive H and right next to the virtual drive it says that the media is present and loaded. this is my first time using this but i still can't fiqure out what it wants.

#6 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:55 PM

Run the install from the Virtual Drive and install the game so the game knows to look at the virtual drive rather than your CD/DVD Drive.

Once that is done, try running the game again. If it still says insert original disc then you will need to look at a blacklisting solution. Download and run YASU which should allow you to run the game from the backup.

#7 Trial User_Trial User_tim_*_*

• Guests

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (zamiel @ Jun 7 2007, 06:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Run the install from the Virtual Drive and install the game so the game knows to look at the virtual drive rather than your CD/DVD Drive.

Once that is done, try running the game again. If it still says insert original disc then you will need to look at a blacklisting solution. Download and run YASU which should allow you to run the game from the backup.

is there any way i could get a step by step process with pictures. starting with the file image already on the computer. i know this can work its just something small i'm missing. thanks

#8 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:50 AM

When you created the image, what settings did you use in Alcohol?

#9 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (Trial User_tim_* @ Jun 7 2007, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is there any way i could get a step by step process with pictures. starting with the file image already on the computer. i know this can work its just something small i'm missing. thanks

Try checking the FAQ http://support.alcoh...owledgebase.php

#10 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:14 AM

the wrong disc is inserted, please insert the original command and conquer 3 cd/dvd

This message probably indicates a bad image. You should make it again reading the DPM data( using the "Data Position Measurment" option) at high precission and maximum speed since the game is on DVD and protected with Securom 7.29. If you then receive a message like "conflict with emulation software" when trying to play with the image then use YASU to hide the Alcohol's virtual drives from the protection as it has already been said.

#11 Trial User_Trial User_tim_*_*

• Guests

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Jun 8 2007, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the wrong disc is inserted, please insert the original command and conquer 3 cd/dvd

This message probably indicates a bad image. You should make it again reading the DPM data( using the "Data Position Measurment" option) at high precission and maximum speed since the game is on DVD and protected with Securom 7.29. If you then receive a message like "conflict with emulation software" when trying to play with the image then use YASU to hide the Alcohol's virtual drives from the protection as it has already been said.

the options i choose on the first image were: the dpm was on high, i selected the skip reading errors, never seperate image files, reading speed is maxium, image format is .mds

#12 Trial User_Trial User_tim_*_*

• Guests

Posted 10 June 2007 - 02:08 PM

i redone the image again and i still am getting the same message. what am i doing wrong?

#13 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 02:14 PM

Try downloading and running YASU when playing off the image as it could be a blacklisting issue.

#14 Trial User_Trial User_tim_*_*

• Guests

Posted 10 June 2007 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (zamiel @ Jun 10 2007, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try downloading and running YASU when playing off the image as it could be a blacklisting issue.

ok i did that and ran yasu and now i get this message, A required security module cannot be activated. this program cannot be executed (5023). What now?

#15 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:42 AM

the options i choose on the first image were: the dpm was on high

Did you also used maximum speed to obtain the DPM data? If yes then try to use the next higher one.

#16 Trial User_Icus_*

Trial User_Icus_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2007 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Jun 11 2007, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the options i choose on the first image were: the dpm was on high

Did you also used maximum speed to obtain the DPM data? If yes then try to use the next higher one.

I had similar problems with the first time I used Alcohol 120%. I wanted to play a particular game on two machines without using the physical game DVD disc.
Here is what I ended up doing for GTA_SA because it uses SECUROM also.

1. Removed other recording software that is capable of creating a virtual drive and image files like ROXIO, NERO ect. using Add/Remove Programs or the software's
uninstall utility.

2. Install Alcohol 52% or 120%.

3. Install YASU.

4. Create the Virtual Disc of your game using the correct Alcohol 120% settings. If any of the A-120% or A-52% controls are greyed out begin
A-120/52% again but activate YASU first.

5. Insert Disc (physical copy or virtual image) in the virtual drive that A-52/120% created while YASU is running.

6. Double click the drive's icon or a shortcut you create and play.

7. Remember to activate YASU before running the game each time.

If the image plays correctly it is safe to burn a CD or DVD from it. I use the SLOWEST recording speed to make physical discs.

Keep in mind that running from a virtual disk on your hard drive will require you to use virtual drive masking software like YASU
each time you run it because it still contains the SECUROM protection, which checks if the game is running from a physical CD/DVD
drive or a virtual one, disallowing the game to run if the latter is the case. Not masking your virtual drive first will cause both
"Incorrect Disc" and "Security Module Failure" error messages that you mention.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users