Plug and Play BIOS Crippled System

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Trial User_Trial User_Dustin_*_*

Trial User_Trial User_Dustin_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:22 PM

I'm pretty sure this is a Vista compatibility issue, but I am not in any mood to have to reinstall the entire OS just because of an Alcohol 120% install.

The plug and play BIOS driver that installs with Alcohol 120% messed up my system so bad- that Vista "to prevent damage to my computer", decides to put up the blue screen of death. The worst of all, is now it tries to install every time I start up the computer, so now I am in an endless pop up of blue screens.

Heres the exact error message the blue screen reports

CODE
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer.  If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space.  If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing the video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates.  Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.  If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** Stop: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x82036F72, 0x91D47A68, 0x91D47764)

Collecting data for crash dump ...
Initializing disk for crash dump ...
Beginning dump of physical memory.
Dumping physical memory to disk:  100
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance.

PLEASE! Help!!! I need to get this plug and play bios driver thing removed or fixed! :l

#2 Trial User_Trial User_Dustin_*_*

• Guests

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:27 PM

Just so you guys know, Ive run it in safe mode, last known good config, etc.

#3 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:29 PM

The Plug and Play BIOS Extension that you refer to is from the 1.9.5.3105 version of Alcohol, which is clearly posted on the website as NOT for Vista. In fact, it's only left on the website for Win9x users. I think you may need to reinstall your OS. Those drivers were never intended for Vista, and - as you've seen - don't play well with it.

#4 Trial User_Trial User_Dustin_*_*

• Guests

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:21 PM

Thank you for that, Jito. It was actually 1.9.2, but that does not matter any longer. After trying last known good configuration a few more times, my system was able to restore itself. I find it unfortunate that Vista has to be so limited.

Thanks again. :-)

#5 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:54 PM

The same would likely have happened if you tried to load a Windows 95 driver in Windows 200 or XP. Good to hear you got it working, though.

#6 Trial User_MiKoY_*

Trial User_MiKoY_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:30 AM

wat you do is press f1 at system startup then tab then choose system restore im not sure but the moment windows xp opens go to device manager disable pug n play bios extension and thats it..then uninstall alcohol 120(the old one coz its not compatible w vista..)hope dis helps

#7 Trial User_joddl_*

Trial User_joddl_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:14 AM

but how da heck can i start the system restore if not with f1 and tab, because ther is only a cache test at my vista, i have the same problem, but how can i go to the system restore!? i dont get that...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users