• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BigTy

BigTy

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:07 AM

Thanks to a 4th of July event that went bad I have lost a couple of CDs that I can not get back and need your help. I have the CD keys and not asking for them but I do need teh Image of Vista Home Prem and Basic (OEM). If you can make images of both please PM so I can have them back.

#2 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:46 PM

I know 32-bit version of Vista owners can order the 64-bit version for free, also DVD version owners can order the CD version for free, provided they have valid serial numbers. Maybe you can contact Microsoft for that?

#3 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:46 PM

Do you have any Vista disc? The reason I ask is because every Vista disc is identical, with the exception that there's x86 and x64 versions of each. By this, I mean that any Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Business or Ultimate disc can be used to install any one of those versions. You just need to make sure you're using a 32-bit or 64-bit disc, depending on which platform of Windows you plan to run.

#4 BigTy

BigTy

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:32 AM

aaa I do recall this being talked about before launch. But I am sad to say I do not have any Vista 32bit CD/DVDs any longer.

#5 Ljugtomten

Ljugtomten

Swedish Translator

• Alcohol Translator
  • 437 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (BigTy @ Jul 9 2007, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks to a 4th of July event that went bad I have lost a couple of CDs that I can not get back and need your help. I have the CD keys and not asking for them but I do need teh Image of Vista Home Prem and Basic (OEM). If you can make images of both please PM so I can have them back.

I own a Vista Ultimate 32Bit OEM DVD. I believe Home Basic and Home Premium is on there.. It's in swedish wink.gif

#6 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:25 PM

I just realized that I should clarify something from my previous post. While every Vista disc contains the Home Basic, Home Premium, Business and Ultimate versions, there is a distinction still between the Retail, OEM, Upgrade and Academic discs. At least, I'm pretty sure there is. I haven't had a chance to confirm this yet. But knowing MS, I'm fairly confident in that statement.

#7 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:15 PM

Ljugtomten, I am just interested to know whether OEM Windows Vista 32-bit version is eligible to get a free 64-bit version.

#8 BigTy

BigTy

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:23 AM

If I can change the Lang then that will work.

#9 Ljugtomten

Ljugtomten

Swedish Translator

• Alcohol Translator
  • 437 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE (BigTy @ Jul 12 2007, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I can change the Lang then that will work.

Sorry, no. Language-packs are only a part of Vista Ultimate Extras.

@Jito463 correct, and large OEM vendors such as Dell and HP have their own OEM-discs wich reads a part of BIOS for activation/serial.

#10 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:32 AM

Yeah, but those are just a modified copy of the OEM version. They can still be used to install on another computer, but they won't be activated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users