20 replies to this topic

#1 Combiseries

Combiseries

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:27 PM

Well folks, this is what it is.

I`ve sold my 8800gtx. I know I`m a fool for doing so, but I really needed the money. And I didn`t really need the performance. I really need a car.

So I`ve sold it and put a deposit on a nice Renault Megane. It`s red and she`s only done 73000 miles and has 12 months mot left on it.

I`m going to miss the card, it was a really good performer, and I cut a hole in my case too. Well, I`ve been given an XFX 6600 to tie me over until I`ve saved up for a better one.

I used to have an x1950pro AGP in my old mobo, so I`m going to save up for the PCIe version of that.

I`m not a hard core gamer, and I don`t play games often because of family ties so thats another reason for selling it off. Its gone to a good home, a mate from work has paid me a nice sum along with his old 6600 which I`ve been told overclocks nicely. It also plays Oblivion at 20fps, and that is playable enough for me.

I think I`ve made the right decision, so below you can call me a fool, rant and rave about it if you want, but there won`t be any more posts about my amazing card anymore........

#2 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:37 PM

Well, at least you have enjoyed it for few days... rolleyes.gif but you have spent extra money for the power supply...

#3 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:03 AM

Why to call you a fool? You did what you considered best for yours and your family's needs. We all love computers but they are far away from being the most important thing in life, aren't they? Congratulations for your new car smile.gif clap.gif and... may you save money for a new graphics card soon. wink.gif

#4 Combiseries

Combiseries

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 208 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Jul 30 2007, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why to call you a fool? You did what you considered best for yours and your family's needs. We all love computers but they are far away from being the most important thing in life, aren't they? Congratulations for your new car smile.gif clap.gif and... may you save money for a new graphics card soon. wink.gif

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart Charalambos. You`ve made me feel better, and you are right, there is more to life than computers. You see, with a new car, I can continue with my freelance computer repairs business. Before long I will be able to afford a new ATI X1950 which is ample for the sort of games I play. And the new power supply was a must anyway because the other one was a few years old and second hand too. My business was going alright until I put diesel in my petrol Ford Fiesta.

And it was fun messing around with the 8800gtx, but to be honest the graphics might have looked good but the gameplay stayed the same....Perhaps thats a new topic which I`ll start - Does gameplay improve with better graphics? or a poll or something.

I`ll do it later....

#5 Iluro80

Iluro80

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:07 PM

--offtopic--
A "Ford Fiesta"? And you're from UK :? :| I'm a bit shocked... i thought the name of the car models where quite different in different countries when they've a meaning jejejej just curious to know (in Spanish, 'fiesta' is a 'party' or also could be a 'free day' (of work/studies)).
--offtopic--

If you need the card to work... selling you're card it's a good inversion... and if you don't need its huge performance.... you'll buy a new one soon smile.gif

#6 Combiseries

Combiseries

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 208 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:21 PM

Ya wot..... mellow.gif

#7 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Combiseries @ Jul 30 2007, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
until I put diesel in my petrol Ford Fiesta.

OW!  That's gotta hurt the wallet.

#8 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (Combiseries @ Jul 30 2007, 04:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I`ve sold it and put a deposit on a nice Renault Megane.

so below you can call me a fool

A Renault? You have to be an idiot

#9 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:43 AM

A "Ford Fiesta"? And you're from UK :? :| I'm a bit shocked... i thought the name of the car models where quite different in different countries when they've a meaning jejejej just curious to know (in Spanish, 'fiesta' is a 'party' or also could be a 'free day' (of work/studies)).

I don't know the exact origin of the word but here in Greece it means "party" too( a public one). biggrin.gif

Ptolomeus, this emoticon is from the Daemon Tools forum, how did you brought it here? ninja.gif laugh.gif

Edited by Charalambos, 31 July 2007 - 07:45 AM.

#10 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Jul 31 2007, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ptolomeus, this emoticon is from the Daemon Tools forum, how did you brought it here? ninja.gif laugh.gif

No, itīs not from DT

#11 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:53 AM

Just look at the properties for the image.

hxxp://holysimpsons2.ho.funpic.de/smilies/biggrin.gif

#12 Combiseries

Combiseries

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 208 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:57 PM

Whats wrong with a Renault Megane?

Its cheap, its clean, it looks nice. I aint made of money you know, and its the better looking of the cars that are available in the fourth hand car mart......

#13 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:36 AM

No, itīs not from DT

I meant to point that this emoticon isn't available in this forum whistling.gif while it is one of those which are available at the Daemon Tools forum. wink.gif Anyway it seems that Ptolomeus likes it very much. biggrin.gif ( By the way this is the equivalent one in this forum).

#14 Combiseries

Combiseries

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:00 AM

Gonna pick up my car tomorrow. Can`t wait to get on the road again. I wonder what they would think at Gameshadow if they knew I sold the graphics card I won......

#15 Iluro80

Iluro80

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:14 AM

Shut up and make a good use of your new car biggrin.gif (make isn't the correct word here, no? :/ maybe "do" could fit better? Grr they've the same meaning!).

Offtopic
Charalambos, it was curious for me so i've check it and it says that "fiesta" is a semicultism of Latin, from begining of SXIII... It comes from the latin word "festa" (curiously, in Catalan we have the word "festa"). Hehe... meny Centuries without a change... now... it's a Latin or Greece word? jejeje wink.gif

#16 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (Combiseries @ Aug 2 2007, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gonna pick up my car tomorrow. Can`t wait to get on the road again. I wonder what they would think at Gameshadow if they knew I sold the graphics card I won......

To find out, just go to it by driving your new car tomorrow, and tell them the fact. wink.gif

Helmet may be necessary...

Edited by MaLing, 02 August 2007 - 09:29 PM.

#17 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:34 AM

"fiesta" is a semicultism of Latin

Well, it isn't a greek word for sure, but what does "semicultism" means?

#18 Combiseries

Combiseries

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:46 AM

Hahahahahhaha, lloololololollol

ROFLMFHO tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Wooo hooooooo,,, drives like a dream..... Bargain........

wink.gif

#19 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:47 PM

Great news there Combi!! Glad you like the car, was it worth the video card trade? I think yes...

#20 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:00 PM

Congratulations Combiseries! clap.gif

A real feeling of speed in reality is much better than a virtual one of computer, isn't it? biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users