Can't create a virtual drive

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Trial User_evil_*

Trial User_evil_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:11 AM

I can't create a virtual drive on Alcohol 120%. When I go to virtual devices and select a number of devices and click ok, I get a message looking for alcohol virtual devices settings." Then I quickly see the "new hardware found"-symbol at the bottom of the screen. Then nothing happens. If I select more than two virtual drives, I can see them in Windows below my harddrives. They have a questionmark next to them.

I also can't mount images on Daemon tools, so something obviously isn't right with my computer. Do you have any advice for me? I've Googled and tried everything.

I have an Acer laptop. I downloded the latest SPTD driver because I didn't know if i had it.

Are there any special services in Windows that have to be enabled to create a virtual drive? I think I am running all the default XP Home services.

Thanks for help.

{System report removed - Jito463}

#2 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:41 PM

Try completely removing all traces of SPTD, Alcohol and Daemon Tools. Make sure you delete any leftover files and directories. Then reinstall the standalone SPTD 1.50 (it's included in the latest Alcohol, but just to be safe). Once it's installed, then reinstall Alcohol and try again.

#3 nonamesorry

nonamesorry

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:58 PM

Look in "Alcohol>Device Manager," and look under "DVD/CD ROM drives." If there are any drives there, do they have a excl.gif on them?

#4 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:57 PM

Closing this post, its over 3 months old now so I assume that this user has solved their problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users