11 replies to this topic

#1 g0kuenuan

g0kuenuan

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:49 AM

the SPTD layer does not install on my pc.
to be sure i have no regs or previous versions installed i formated my PC and reinstalled Win XP SP2.
After the install (i have the sptd.sys in my sys32) i try to install latest sptd so i can install alchool. When im prompted for reboot i restart my pc, the pc restarts and right before the windows logo it reboots itself, and then the only way i can get back in windows is Last Known Good Configuration (on which i don't have stpd installed).
If any1 has any ideas how to install SPTD on my pc so i can install Alchool please help.

#2 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:51 AM

Please uninstall any Alcohol version you may have on your system (if you are unable to do it normally just browse to Alcohol folder and delete all files) and then uninstall SPTD layer.

To uninstall SPTD Layer drivers you will need to use SPTD installer/uninstaller, you can download it at following link:
http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=27730
After uninstalling it pease restart Windows.

Now please run regedit.exe, then browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ and delete sptd key (you may need to adjust cfg key permissions to delete it). Also please browse to c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers and delete sptd.sys file. Restart Windows.

Now reinstall latest version of SPTD layer driver using the installer/uninstaller you downloaded from http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=27730, then restart Windows again, and now reinstall Alcohol.

#3 g0kuenuan

g0kuenuan

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (Phoenix @ Dec 7 2007, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please uninstall any Alcohol version you may have on your system (if you are unable to do it normally just browse to Alcohol folder and delete all files) and then uninstall SPTD layer.

To uninstall SPTD Layer drivers you will need to use SPTD installer/uninstaller, you can download it at following link:
http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=27730
After uninstalling it pease restart Windows.

Now please run regedit.exe, then browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ and delete sptd key (you may need to adjust cfg key permissions to delete it). Also please browse to c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers and delete sptd.sys file. Restart Windows.

Now reinstall latest version of SPTD layer driver using the installer/uninstaller you downloaded from http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=27730, then restart Windows again, and now reinstall Alcohol.

i have formated my pc a few days ago, no trace of Alchool or SPTD in Register Keys, the only sptd file i have is sptd.sys in sys32 windows directory
this is the window that pops out when i run sptd installer
if i choose install and restart windows i get that infinite autoreboot until i choose Last known good configuration, at which point i enter windows with no sptd installed.

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 08:53 AM

the only sptd file i have is sptd.sys in sys32 windows directory

Have you deleted it? Also if you have a 64-bit OS( as it seems from the "sys32" directory name) please look into the 32-bit part of your registry. That's because Alcohol is basically a 32-bit application, only the drivers for the 64-bit OSes are 64-bit ones.

#5 g0kuenuan

g0kuenuan

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Dec 7 2007, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you deleted it? Also if you have a 64-bit OS( as it seems from the "sys32" directory name) please look into the 32-bit part of your registry. That's because Alcohol is basically a 32-bit application, only the drivers for the 64-bit OSes are 64-bit ones.

i didnt delete it, even if i delete it, at startup it gets recreated by windows
im using the 32 bit application (x86),my OS is on 32 bits (the 64 bit one won't even start since the platform is different)

#6 g0kuenuan

g0kuenuan

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (g0kuenuan @ Dec 7 2007, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Charalambos @ Dec 7 2007, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i didnt delete it, even if i delete it, at startup it gets recreated by windows
im using the 32 bit application (x86),my OS is on 32 bits (the 64 bit one won't even start since the platform is different)

EDIT: i deleted the SPTD.sys, now i dont have ANY trace of Alchool, Daemon or SPTD, and it still doesnt work
maybe its because of some of the things in the Dev Manager? im thinkin the pre-existing SCSI or IDEs
here's a SS of my DevManager

#7 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:54 PM

You could try this:

Using regedit after you've rebooted and its asking you to reboot again, locate HKeyLocalMachine\Software\19659239224e364682fa4baf 72c53ea4 and delete it if it exists. This key should be removed by SPTD once you reboot, but this operation may be being blocked for one reason or another.

#8 g0kuenuan

g0kuenuan

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:32 PM

i dont have that key
my problem is that i can't enter windows once i reboot when prompted by sptd, before the windows logo the pc reboots itself, and then prompts me for safe mode/last known good config/normal mode . if i choose normal it just reboots again, if i choose last known good config it enters windows, but sptd layer is not installed

#9 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:08 PM

Does this help?

http://forum.duplexs...ighlight=reboot

#10 g0kuenuan

g0kuenuan

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (zamiel @ Dec 8 2007, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i looked , and i DO have the scsiport.sys in my windows/sys32/drivers folder, and still i get the infinite reboot

#11 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:22 AM

The normal directory name in Windows XP is "system32", maybe you have both the "sys32" and "system32" directories? unsure.gif Anyway boot into safe mode with SPTD and Alcohol uninstalled( regarding both files and registry entries- that's especially apply to SPTD) and try to install SPTD in safe mode and after rebooting to install Alcohol( you can do the last in normal mode if SPTD has been succesfully installed).

#12 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 10:37 AM

Try.

Uninstall Alcohol open registry editor (execute regedit) and go to this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd
change the Start value to 4 (disabled), and reboot.
After reboot delete the whole sptd key in registry services hive. If you get error message about permissions enable all permissions on cfg key first.
Reboot.
Download and Execute 1.53 stand-alone installer http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=27730 then to install SPTD, reboot, then run 1.53 installer again. If it says no SPTD version detected, do NOT install Alcohol etc., we've to ensure correct SPTD layer installation first.
If r0 key exists after reboot, delete it (in sptd key).
Reboot and install Alcohol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users