14 replies to this topic

#1 jooop

jooop

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:19 AM

Hey guys, first of all sorry for my bad English! Im from Germany.
I have a few Problems with the Installation of Alcohol 120%
When i install it, it says that i have to reboot my PC, when i reboot it, nothing happens, my screen is just black and after a few seconds i get a bluescreen
Then i have to set my system back -.-
Whats the problem?
PS: I also tried to install SPTD 1.55 first but i got the same problem -.- and i couldnt find the minidump (c:\windows\minidump) file or folder sad.gif

Thanks for your help!
jooop

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:29 AM

Uninstall Alcohol and SPTD and then try to install them in Safe Mode.

#3 jooop

jooop

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Jan 16 2008, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uninstall Alcohol and SPTD and then try to install them in Safe Mode.

HOWW?
Im so angry -.- Everytime i reboot my laptop i have this freaking bluescreen and i also have to set my system back to an earlyer point!

How i cann uninstall them? I cant find them anywhare

#4 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:15 AM

Hello jooop,

What version of Alcohol did you install?
From where did you download it?
What are your OS specifications?
Did you have Alcohol already installed prior to this latest install?
Last but not least, if your from Germany, why donīt you use our German speaking forum? http://forum.alcohol...p?showforum=151

#5 ForbidIII

ForbidIII

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:02 PM

Im having the exact same problems. I have about a 1 minute window where i can accsess my desktop after startup and then i get a bsod. I was installing Alcohol when the first one happened and now i cant accsess my computer at all. What can I do? Joop mentioned something about setting his system back to an earlier point. How do I do that?

#6 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:13 PM

http://www.microsoft...ew_03may19.mspx

#7 xnoddyx

xnoddyx

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:47 PM

hi i have a acer aspire 5720z laptop pentium dual core 1.46GHz 2GB DDR2 ram
IDE\CdRomMATSHITA_DVD-RAM_UJ-850S_1.61
i have Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3105 i have had no probs
with it in xp on my PC but on my laptop with Vista Home Premium i get a bluescreen When i install help sad.gif

#8 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (xnoddyx @ Feb 19 2008, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
with it in xp on my PC but on my laptop with Vista Home Premium i get a bluescreen When i install help sad.gif

We will start with getting your system report from within Alcohol from your PC with XP, then we will talk about your problem, the BSOD with Vista on your Laptop http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=23848

#9 xnoddyx

xnoddyx

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE (xnoddyx @ Feb 19 2008, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the only reson i am posting here is cus the problem is related to Installing Alcohol. as in my previs post and im uesing my laptop cus my PC no loinger works due to a PSU prob or my mobo is rip and i dont have any way of testing my PSU so as for geting a System Report from within Alcohol on xp > be posted before we will answer a Post <no way of geting it as i am installing Alcohol with Vista Home Premium so think that this bit applys to me > The only time that a System Report is not required is when the problem is related to Installing Alcohol so any more info u need bowt my laptop just ask as for Alcohol after it installs it crashes my laptop and evry time it boots back up cus its stil installing

#10 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (xnoddyx @ Feb 19 2008, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the only reson i am posting here is cus the problem is related to Installing Alcohol. as in my previs post and im uesing my laptop cus my PC no loinger works due to a PSU prob or my mobo is rip and i dont have any way of testing my PSU so as for geting a System Report from within Alcohol on xp > be posted before we will answer a Post <no way of geting it as i am installing Alcohol with Vista Home Premium so think that this bit applys to me > The only time that a System Report is not required is when the problem is related to Installing Alcohol so any more info u need bowt my laptop just ask as for Alcohol after it installs it crashes my laptop and evry time it boots back up cus its stil installing

Were did you get that version of Alcohol you are trying to install onto your laptop with Vista?

#11 xnoddyx

xnoddyx

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (ptolomeus3 @ Feb 19 2008, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (xnoddyx @ Feb 19 2008, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Were did you get that version of Alcohol you are trying to install onto your laptop with Vista?

i got it off a computer mag dvd i have allso started uesing Alcohol 52% free now n that Install no probs well thanks for the help wink.gif

#12 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:39 PM

Without reading all the info above, it looks like you were trying to install version 1.9.5.3105 in Vista? If so, this version is not Vista compatible which would explain your BSOD.

#13 xnoddyx

xnoddyx

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (zamiel @ Feb 20 2008, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Without reading all the info above, it looks like you were trying to install version 1.9.5.3105 in Vista? If so, this version is not Vista compatible which would explain your BSOD.

ok thankq very much from wot version is Vista compatible pleas?

#14 Robbo

Robbo

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (xnoddyx @ Feb 20 2008, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (zamiel @ Feb 20 2008, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok thankq very much from wot version is Vista compatible pleas?

1.9.6.5403 and above

#15 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:32 AM

Or just always get the most current version, which is currently 1.9.7.6022.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users