#1 kian

kian

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:47 PM

Hi all.

I bought a boxed copy of Call of Duty 4 the other day and tried to make a backup image in Alcohol 52% with Safedisc as the Datatype and save it as an ISO file.

After it's done, I mount it in the virtual drive in both Daemon and Alcohol and with either one when I launch the game from the desktop I get a microsoft error that "iw3sp.exe has stopped working".

When I researched this error I noticed a lot of what I found was related to a c.r.a.c.k. I'm not using one of those or an illegal version. This is a boxed copy I bought that I want to have a backup of.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Do I have to actually burn this to a DVD for it to work? I don't want to shell out money for some media if it's still not going to work...

Thanks for the help!

Here is my System Report:

{System report removed - Jito463}

Edited by Jito463, 08 March 2008 - 03:38 PM.

#2 kian

kian

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:19 PM

Also when I insert the original DVD I don't get this problem, it launches fine.

I've also tried using YASU(the version you guys link to) and it still doesn't work. I load YASU and cloak BEFORE I mount the image and run and then I tried loading YASU and cloak after I mount the image.

I even disabled my physical drive and still can't get it to work.

Edited by kian, 07 March 2008 - 06:23 PM.

#3 kian

kian

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:59 PM

OK here is an update which I think is significant.

What I explained above is from a Vista 64 bit install on my main pc.

Now I installed Alcohol 52% on my Windows XP desktop pc and created an image again. This time when I mount it and run the game it says to please insert the original DVD. So I'm not getting that microsoft error anymore.

But of course now it's asking for the original disk. Again I tried YASU and it still didn't work. Then I tried disabling the physical drive and it still didn't work. Then I changed the drive letter of the alcohol virtual drive to the physical drive, still didn't work.

I'm surprised no one else has come upon this problem.

#4 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:43 PM

Can you scan the disc and/or install directory with ProtectionID and verify the copy protection used.

#5 kian

kian

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:50 PM

Already did, it's SafeDisc.

#6 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE (kian @ Mar 8 2008, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Use the Datatype SafeDisc when making your Image and go for the MDF/MDS format NOT the ISO!!!

#7 kian

kian

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (ptolomeus3 @ Mar 9 2008, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (kian @ Mar 8 2008, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Use the Datatype SafeDisc when making your Image and go for the MDF/MDS format NOT the ISO!!!

It still doesn't work. Did an MDS/MDF image this time and did everything I previously did.

#8 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:08 PM

Have you tried slowing down the read speed when creating the image?

#9 kian

kian

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (zamiel @ Mar 9 2008, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you tried slowing down the read speed when creating the image?

Read speed shows "Maximum" and it cannot be changed. If I change the read speed in DVD Datatype settings for SafeDisc it still shows Maximum and cannot be changed...

#10 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:51 AM

Can you please report the exact version of Safedisc according to the ProtectionID? Have in mind that if the game is patced then the copy protection may have been updated, in this case scan the files of the game's installation folder.

#11 kian

kian

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:36 PM

Well I did something else really quick. I bought some DL DVD+R and burned a copy from the alcohol image with the Safedisc profile. I enabled RMPS on the burn too. Then when I launch the game it does the same thing UNLESS I enable RMPS in Emulation settings in alcohol.

So the game runs if emulation is enabled.

Can I burn a copy of the image WITHOUT RMPS and have it work without needing RMPS emulation with alcohol? Will it launch the game and bypass the Safedisc security?

Edited by kian, 10 March 2008 - 09:37 PM.

#12 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (kian @ Mar 11 2008, 05:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can I burn a copy of the image WITHOUT RMPS and have it work without needing RMPS emulation with alcohol? Will it launch the game and bypass the Safedisc security?

Short answer is NO You will need RMPS emulation active

#13 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:44 AM

It is possible to make a working backup copy of a Safedisk CD but there is no chance to make a working copy of a Safedisk DVD( at least with a commercial burner), you can only make one working with the RMPS emulation.

Edited by Charalambos, 11 March 2008 - 08:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users