#1 nicolem

nicolem

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:09 AM

Hi,

i just downloaded Alcohol and installed it for the first time. i' m running vista as my OS.

i just noticed that 1st time i ran the trial installer it installed something on my machine in which it requires me to reboot to continue..
i didn't get the chance to check what it installed but i' m kinda cautious bout this things.
after i rebooted by computer. vista says its installing hardware and did it successfully. now my questions are...

1. what was installed before asking me to reboot????
2. If i uninstall Alcohol will the "thing" uninstall too??? (referring to #1)

well,,, currently these are the questions i have!

Thanks in advance

#2 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:35 PM

1. Alcohol requires the SPTD driver to be installed and when you first run Alcohol it will create a Virtual CD/DVD drive on your machine (software based rather than hardware). You can mount disc images rather than physical discs in this drive.
2. Yes, it should be.

#3 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:54 AM

To clarify what Zamiel said, the virtual drives will be removed, but the SPTD layer (a simple SCSI layer if you will) will not be removed, as it may be used by other programs. If you want to uninstall SPTD, simply go to www.duplexsecure.com and download the standalone installer for SPTD. With this, you can install, update or remove SPTD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users