35 replies to this topic

#1 Lvsitano

Lvsitano

Portuguese Translator

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 04:04 AM

They start the war!

Edited by Robbo, 20 March 2003 - 05:53 AM.

#2 BigTy

BigTy

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 04:49 AM

we will were waiting on our hot coco to cool first so we can enjoy it before we start also we want to watch the ncaa tournament. :woot: :ninja2:

#3 Blackadder

Blackadder

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 05:13 AM

The sad fact is i was at least hoping it would start after the opening round games and end before the sweet 16. now i tv veiwing is screwed.

#4 Robbo

Robbo

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 05:57 AM

All posts in this Topic shall stay on Topic, should contain no Bad Language, Flaming will not be tolerated or attacks on others apart from that feel free to discuss this in a mature way.

please note: On this subject everyone has different views as to wether it is write or wrong Respect the Views of others even when they differ from yours.

#5 Netman (R.I.P)

Netman (R.I.P)

Administration

• Honorary Administrator
  • 505 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (BigTy @ Mar 19 2003, 11:29 PM)
we will were waiting on our hot coco to cool first so we can enjoy it before we start also we want to watch the ncaa tournament. :woot: :ninja2:

what's even worse is that sunday they interrupted the nascar race at darlington with some lame announcement. (i don't do basketball tongue.gif )

i at least hope that bush enjoys HIS game. nothing could have stopped him anyway. i won't say any more. let the fact that i live in florida stand for itself. wink.gif

#6 BigTy

BigTy

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 01:20 PM

Thanks Robbo for that anouncement. i think this topic will be ok.im just thinking outloud when i say"this is the most off pace war ive seen or read about in history". now with that said im just waiting for all the FPS and Flight Sims to roll out over this. smile.gif also it looks as if i can use my 57 HDTV and put it on split screen and watch the war on CBS and the NCAA tournament on ESPN. only in the us lol jk. lets all play nice. :woot: :ninja2:

#7 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 11:12 PM

Well i have a brother over there, not by his own choice.. god knows what this has to do with England anyway, i had two brothers over there for the last one fortunatly both returned home none the worse for wear... At this time regardless of who is right and who is wrong, i feel for the inocent that will be caught up in this, and hope that civilian casualtys will be at a minuimum. and concidering the price of one missile or a few bombs, i am sure this money could have been better spent dealing with problems closer to home .. but then again i am not a president or a member of parlement...

#8 Netman (R.I.P)

Netman (R.I.P)

Administration

• Honorary Administrator
  • 505 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 11:36 PM

well put, phoenix. we pray for your brother's safe return and also for that of everyone else involved. hopefully this pissing contest between two leaders will not cause unnecessary death or injury to many innocent civilians either and hopefully it will end soon. i hope we americans posting here don't seem to be too callous but it's our way of expressing that we're not exactly that gung-ho about this move.

#9 Robbo

Robbo

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 12:39 AM

No need to worry netman, though what i dont like about the present American Goverment are these double standards that they seem to have, there are other countries that have WDMs and have also ignored U´N Resolutions but as they are in the Bush Administartions Good Ole Boys Club they are allowed to have the´m and have no fear of being forcefully disarmed, that a world without Saddam Hussien would be a better place is clear to everyone but there are ways and means to achieve this, i also believe through these actions at the moment it will make it harder to achieve piece in the region because sooner or later it will get to the stage where the Arab States will not trust America, like phoenix said in his post hopefully it will be quickly over with the minimum of death and destruction on all sides but somehow i dont believe it.

#10 Pappy

Pappy

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 01:25 AM

Yes, our thoughts are with everybody involved in this as Military personnel there and the families they left behind together with all the civilians who will be affected by this war. Hopefully it will end quickly with a minimum loss of life.

#11 BigTy

BigTy

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 01:34 AM

Come on Guys i served in the Army. i know we all have issues believe me i know. i dont agree with every move that was made and yes there are some unfair rules in THIS case. But i find it funny the the ones that had the real objection was the ones already in a commitment with those that we are fighting. do i agree with this war no i dont not like others but now that we are in it. WE ALL need to stick together. and stop standing devided its not helping anyone. I for one would be the first to stand in line to ask Bush to go. I voted for the other guy wink.gif. But its not going to help him or my goverment to complain about whats going on lets go get it done and talk about what went wrong after the fact. If he did something wrong help ill help pack his bags so ship him over to you for war crimes. i just dont like this acting scared by countries becuase they have great gas prices. Phoenix i feel you i dont have brothers but i have guys i was in comba with also friends i went to school with over there fighting for this cause. and to be truthful im pissed becuase im not with them. i rather be there than here. I didnt practice to sit on the bench.But everyone keep in mind what Robbo said we all have our OWN vews on this thing. at the end of the day we should be able ot shake hands and walk away from this knowing theres no hard feelings. :woot: :ninja2:

#12 tkam111

tkam111

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 05:25 AM

My friends you are missing the point here.
There is not a point of making the war with Saddam the most hated dictator on Earth.
Its the point with what right are you making that war.
After WW2 the UN have resolved all issues and no war has started without a vote in the security council in UN.
That has preserved peace on the planet for nearly 50 years.
That was the international law till yesterday.
Yesterday that law has been broken.
From yesterday an other law is on earth THE LAW OF POWER!!
It says I THINK I have right and I AM DOING IT and I dont need any one to agree with me. I have the power to do it and I am doing it.
I ignore all other countries and I AM DOING IT!!
And you think that that war is going to end soon....
You think that Russia, China, Western Europe, and all the Muslims on Earth will ever forget that.
Read some history my friends and find out what happened the last time that someone has ignored all other countries and all international treaties and took the decision to take the Law in his hands....

#13 Netman (R.I.P)

Netman (R.I.P)

Administration

• Honorary Administrator
  • 505 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 12:32 PM

you won't get any disagreement on that from me, tkam111. i don't think that america has the duty or the right to be the policeman of the entire world. however, this president has both houses of congress in his hand since his party controls both. he also apparently has the supreme court in his hand since they appointed him president and he was never duly elected.

what we are saying is that since our country has entered into this action we are supporting our troops because we all have friends and family involved.

#14 BigTy

BigTy

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 01:16 PM

that and we want cheap 92oct gas prices wink.gif. tkam no one thinks your wrong i do think this is a VERY wierd place to be in. on your history you are wrong 12 years ago we did have a war it was call Desert Storm. so the UN doesnt always work. this one on the other hand is putting alot of people in a position where i dont know how after this is done everyone will feel. This Pres. was elected under not so good terms and well he is just going along with a good thing. He is known for a string of not to good choices so i guess he said why stop now. But like netman said we support the troops and have to respect his choices becuase Bush is the man in office. Respect the Office not the man in it. A line said very much in the Army. :woot: :ninja2:

#15 tkam111

tkam111

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 01:27 PM

UN doesnt make Wars. UN aproove wars. Desert Storm has been fully athorizer by all members of UN security council. That war is a completly other story.

#16 ZombieKIL

ZombieKIL

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 03:12 AM

One point

war sucks!! sad.gif

#17 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 03:55 AM

Well I have a different point of view. This guy is banking the terrorists, training the terrorists, and supplying the terrorists. Do you really think this would have all gone away if we just turned our backs on it? Do you honestly think that another 9/11 would not happen? Wake up and deal with this.... This man had to be stopped. If the UN was not ready to deal with it, then we had no choice but to deal with it. It would have been no fun standing next to a city that was radioactive saying "I told you so!" it needs to be done and unfortunately we have to deal with it. Hate America if you have too, but it is a big reasonability to be the big boy on the block. Someone always hates you.

#18 tkam111

tkam111

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 06:07 AM

First nobody hates you, I think that topic is a place to say our oppinions on that war.
Not even mr Bush ever said that Saddam has anything to do with Bin Laden and 9/11.
In fact Saddam is (was?) hated by most muslim people because he is not religius and he killed and hunted a lot of them in South Irak.
And last I think that this war is going to produce a lot of terrorist attacks for all of us the western people and especially Americans. It will have exactly the opposite effect of what you are talking.
UN was dealing with it, until stopped by bombs. Think how would you feel if someone was accused for something near you and in the middle of the police investigation THE BIG BOY says I cant wait for you to find proof and sheet like that... Everybody go out I want to Kill him now!!!

#19 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 11:24 AM

Well I guess they (USA) were right since Iraq was not supposed to have any SCUD missiles according to the report and the regulations set upon them by the UN .... But there sure seems to be SCUD missiles flying....(There is the proof) What else do they have that they are not supposed to have? And he did supply money and training to the terrorists. Just because France and Russia have money tied up in Iraq they said they would veto any resolution that would include attacking this Evil man. The USA just decided not to wait for millions of people to die from radioactive or Chemical and Biological attacks before we dealt with this. As for people hating Americans, well you need to wake up if you think they don't. Not everyone does, but MANY do. We did nothing when they Bombed the USS Cole, and 9/11 still came. How many must die before we react? As far as I am concerned the USA should remove itself from the UN since they don't look out of the best interest of the whole anymore.....

I feel for people who have family over there. I spent six years in the Navy defending our rights and protecting our Allies. I was over there when the USS Stark was blown up. I was there when Labia had their "Line of Death" I crossed it! I have been there. Someone needs to deal with this. I have a son who is old enough to join and is thinking about it. I would be proud to have him fight for what is right. I would also be very frightened that he may not return, but sometimes you have to do what is right no matter what your personal lose may be. We can hide our heads in the sand and do nothing, but don't kid yourselves and think that this will then go away. The more you do nothing the more they will attack anyways. It is time to put a stop to this....

#20 Robbo

Robbo

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (Tron @ Mar 22 2003, 04:35 AM)
Well I have a different point of view. This guy is banking the terrorists, training the terrorists, and supplying the terrorists. Do you really think this would have all gone away if we just turned our backs on it? Do you honestly think that another 9/11 would not happen? Wake up and deal with this.... This man had to be stopped. If the UN was not ready to deal with it, then we had no choice but to deal with it. It would have been no fun standing next to a city that was radioactive saying "I told you so!" it needs to be done and unfortunately we have to deal with it. Hate America if you have too, but it is a big reasonability to be the big boy on the block. Someone always hates you.

There is no proof that proof that Iraq is banking the terrorists, training the terrorists, and supplying the terrorists, also there is no proof tying Iraq together with the events of 9/11.
That the UN was doing nothing is also false, fine France saying from the start that they would use there Veto right didnt help but did the Bush Administration really try and change the minds of those opposed or even offer compromises that would have satisfied all so that any action taken was then taken under a UN Mandate.

Also regarding 9/11 the chances of a repeat of such things could happen again are probably greater now than ever before, also more than likely setback are the chances of peace in the Middle East because of this action.

I also find the hypocrisy of the Bush Administration a bad thing certain Countries who have been flouting UN Resolutions for the past 30 Years and who also have Nuclear capabilities but are part of the good ole boys club are allowed to carry on as normal, keep there Nuclear capabilities and carry on ignoring the Resolutions from the United Nations.

and the saddest part the Polatitions who deciede these matters sit safe and snug at home and leave the dying to others namely the normal Iraqi people and the Soldiers sent there to fight also we are also told about the freedom of choice that people have with stances like George W Bush´s " Your either with us or against us doesnt bode to well for freedom.

As a former Soldier i personally think the likes of Tony Blair and George Bush should go with the Troops and fight then maybe they will have an idea of what its like, its all well and good us sat here debating but we are not the one putting our balls on the line, we can hope this over quickly with a minimum of casualties but i dont think so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users