• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 05:34 PM

Not sure if many of you remember me too well. Been a while. It has been a bad two years. I had some health issues and needed two surgeries. My wife had a heart blockage and required surgery too. Then we lost my wife's brother to cancer, followed by her mother to cancer. Then last week my uncle died and my father passed away due to cancer. All the problems sure took a lot away from me. I used to work on this forum but with all the issues I was having I did not have the time I needed to dedicate to the other users or the staff here. Not sure how much time I will be around, but I think I might try and make some time to show up here once in a while again. I see some names that I remember..... Maybe the staff wont be happy to see me again... lol...... Anyway..... "Hi"

#2 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:17 PM

Hi Tron, nice to see you again after so long. smile.gif Of course I do remember you! laugh.gif In fact, I should thank you for not forgetting us. blush.gif

However it is very sad to hear all the above happen to you. Those days were extrememly terrible. sad.gif Life is unpredictable, but there is much good time too.

Dawn appears after darkness, so you will be getting much better and much better every following day, and I should like to send you all my best regards to you and your family. smile.gif

#3 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:26 AM

Thanks for your kind words. I know that this sort of thing is normal and happens to everyone, but it sure hit us hard this last two years. Seems like everything came at once. Some people were understanding and some were not...I sure hope things settle down for us now...... I was so busy working on my house with the normal everyday maintenance. Plus we had to rent big equipment and dig out my basement since it was caving in. Then when my dad got sick I had his house to take care of too. I even had to get the mother in laws house fixed up so that they could sell it. Nobody did anything to that house for the last 15 years, since the wife's dad died. But they sold the house now and the major work is done on my Dad's place. So things are settling down a lot..... Too bad my sisters all married guys who are not able to do any of the trades like plumbing and electrical and all. I end up doing all of it myself!!!! Well thanks again, we will see you around here I guess.....

#4 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:17 AM

Although the same sort of things happen to everybody, everybody does has feelings, no one is excluded. This is normal for you to feel depressed, you are not abnormal. Actually there are not many people like you getting all the unfortune within a short period.

In addition, it is normal that there are many troublesome jobs following, they take time and consume energy, but I am certain that you can manage to sort them out soon. smile.gif

Hope that you will spend your time for your problems with the top priority, then consider to resume visiting here. happy.gif

#5 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:04 PM

It is said that everything that doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I wan't to express my sincere sympathy for these sad events. May God help you to settle everything down.

#6 BigTy

BigTy

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:28 AM

Hey Tron

You are still high on my list of Spirit people smile.gif. I wish you the best on your life trials and pray you recieve a double blessing your presavirance.

#7 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:03 PM

Trying to forget the past is hard and trying to stop thinking of the future is harder, I found a nice thought for times like these that has helped me get through each day...

The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly. - Buddha ...

I am as religious as Ty is an expert in spelling, but my thoughts and well wishes are just as good as his. You and your family will be in our thoughts and well wishes.

#8 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:35 PM

Hey, Tron. Good to hear from you. I haven't been around much myself, either, but my absence was surrounded by better circumstances. smile.gif

http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=29295

I'm sorry to hear about the past two years, but I hope and pray things will improve for you soon. Hope to see you around here more.

#9 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 03:56 PM

Well things are busy getting all his affairs in order, and helping mom around the house, but they are looking up. We all miss dad but he is truly in a better place. Thanks to my friends who have offered kind words and prayers here, it does help. Jito, very nice! Glad you get yourself something nice going. You deserve it! I do quite a bit of that myself, on the side though. I do not have enough regular customers to make a go of it. But I like my regular job and the computer stuff keeps me busy. Most of my clientele is from word of mouth. Good luck!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users