starosta

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 10:42 AM

Hi,

I will try to explain my situation as clearly as possible smile.gif
I had an old trial version of Alcohol 120%. I had 2 virtual drives there E: and G: , F: is my internal HD-DVD drive
The trial expired and I uninstalled it without removing virtual drives. I managed to get rid of the useless drives letters. Then changed my internal drive's letter to E: (by now I reversed it to F:)
I installed free version of Alcohol 52% and when Im trying to instal virtual drives they simply not appearing anywhere. In options it says that I should have 2 virual drives but they do not exist.
Ive tried the solution posted by Phoenix, but it didnt help at all. I've also tried to install Daemon Tools, but again it didnt manage to create any virtual drives.
I would be grateful if someone could show me the way so that I can fix this issue, cos its quite frustrating. please.gif
Thanks a lot.

#2 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:01 PM

What "old" version did you have installed (with SPTD or without)?

Have you tried setting the virtual drives to 0 (zero) and then deinstall Alcohol? After that reinstall Alcohol with one virtual drive?

#3 starosta

starosta

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:27 AM

What "old" version did you have installed (with SPTD or without)?

I dont remember exactly which version it was. It was 2007 version so i believe it was with SPTD.

Have you tried setting the virtual drives to 0 (zero) and then deinstall Alcohol? After that reinstall Alcohol with one virtual drive?

Yes, I have tried this. It haven't helped.

#4 starosta

starosta

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:43 AM

I also managed to remove virtual drives entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\SCSI by booting from CD with reg edit. Didnt help either.
Any suggestions as to where the source of the problem can be? Is is hardware or registry issue?

#5 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 01:44 PM

Have you tried posting at the Duplex Secure forums. They produce the SPTD used in both Alcohol's and Daemon Tools Virtual Drive and might be able to shed some light in to why SPTD won't install.

#6 starosta

starosta

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:47 PM

No I haven't. But I will certainly do so. I want to try all possible options before system reinstallation.

#7 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:46 PM

Do you have any devices with question or exclamation marks beside them in the Device Manager?

#8 starosta

starosta

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Oct 6 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you have any devices with question or exclamation marks beside them in the Device Manager?

No, there aren't any.
Those drives are not shown in Device Manager at all.

#9 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:31 AM

Do you have Spyware Doctor or Zone Alarm installed on your system?

Edited by Charalambos, 08 October 2009 - 01:32 AM.

#10 starosta

starosta

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Oct 8 2009, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, none of those. I only use Kaspersky Internet Security.
Today I had a good night sleep and I get some new ideas. I reminded myself that I tried to install Power ISO and Magic ISO some time ago. I came across several entries in registry containing those names. I will install them again remove all virtual drives, uninstall and remove any relevant entries in registry. Uninstall alcohol, clear registry again from any virtual drives' entries and try install Alcohol again.
Does it sounds like Im desperate?
Cos I AM whistling.gif

#11 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:48 AM

I wish you good luck, it may really help. By the way do you also have F-Secure or a registy editor that starts up with Windows? You should also check if Kaspersky prevents Alcohol from changing the registry or anything similar, try placing it in the list of the programs excepted from monitoring and you can also try uninstalling Kaspersky temporarily if you have the courage.

#12 ericdeko

ericdeko

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (starosta @ Oct 8 2009, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Charalambos @ Oct 8 2009, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, none of those. I only use Kaspersky Internet Security.
Today I had a good night sleep and I get some new ideas. I reminded myself that I tried to install Power ISO and Magic ISO some time ago. I came across several entries in registry containing those names. I will install them again remove all virtual drives, uninstall and remove any relevant entries in registry. Uninstall alcohol, clear registry again from any virtual drives' entries and try install Alcohol again.
Does it sounds like Im desperate?
Cos I AM whistling.gif

You sound almost desperate. Well, there might be incompatibility from those virtual drive systems you install earlier to cause that problem.

#13 starosta

starosta

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:27 PM

yahoo.gif
Ive made it! I've done all I'd planned. It wasn't fun job but did the trick.
So there must have been some incompatibility between various virtual drives and software. I will stick to alcohol only (talking bout software obviously), as it was always my prime choice wink.gif
Thanks to all for all your help! clap.gif

#14 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:35 AM

Glad to know that you solved your problem. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users