• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Smabbage

Smabbage

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 449 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:32 AM

This is to cool a application to keep to myself, especially if you have the same issue I have. I live in a rural location in Arkansas and have very few options for internet. I can either get dial-up (*gag*), satellite (*groan*), or some variant of wireless internet (Verizon *Yippee*, AT&T *gag* or Sprint *eh*). The last solution is what I opted for. I have a Verizon USB wireless modem that provides me with 1.5 Mbps internet. This is fine, however, it only allows access to the internet on the computer it's plugged into. Therefore, I'm SOL (Sorry Out of Luck) when it comes to internet on the PS3, Wii, and two iPods that I have...until now. Since I have a Windows 7 machine I can now use "Connectify", a Windows 7 only application that creates a wifi hotspot for all my other devices to connect to and access the internet on the PC. Basically, it does what Verizon's MiFi does only with the wireless card in the PC. It works and quite well at that. Check it out at wubble-U wubble-U wubble-U connectify.me if you have a Windows 7 machine and this specific need.

Edited by Smabbage, 06 November 2009 - 10:33 AM.

#2 Ljugtomten

Ljugtomten

Swedish Translator

• Alcohol Translator
  • 437 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Smabbage @ Nov 6 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is to cool a application to keep to myself, especially if you have the same issue I have. I live in a rural location in Arkansas and have very few options for internet. I can either get dial-up (*gag*), satellite (*groan*), or some variant of wireless internet (Verizon *Yippee*, AT&T *gag* or Sprint *eh*). The last solution is what I opted for. I have a Verizon USB wireless modem that provides me with 1.5 Mbps internet. This is fine, however, it only allows access to the internet on the computer it's plugged into. Therefore, I'm SOL (Sorry Out of Luck) when it comes to internet on the PS3, Wii, and two iPods that I have...until now. Since I have a Windows 7 machine I can now use "Connectify", a Windows 7 only application that creates a wifi hotspot for all my other devices to connect to and access the internet on the PC. Basically, it does what Verizon's MiFi does only with the wireless card in the PC. It works and quite well at that. Check it out at wubble-U wubble-U wubble-U connectify.me if you have a Windows 7 machine and this specific need.

Well, you wouldn't be in deep sh** even if this application didn't exist.
http://www.ericssonw35.com/
http://www.ericssonw25.com/

These devices allows you to share the connections both by wire and wireless. And you can use a regular phone to make calls through the cellular network if you have a subscription wich allows both data and voice.

Netgear has some devices aswell.

Say thank you wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users