4 replies to this topic

#1 Rolmix

Rolmix

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:43 PM

I was working with 1.9.8.7612 (latest) on my Win 7. Had to uninstall. "Uninst" was giving me error messages. deleted manually. Now installing again and everytime i get to installation process (SPTD screen), its asking me to restart the computer. after restart program starts again, and when STPD installation screen goes on I get the same message.... to restart my computer, and so on. What do I do? cant even install Daemon tools, gives me the same message.

#2 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:46 PM

Disable ANtivirus Software.

Uninstall all software using SPTD layer (e.g. Alcohol, Daemon Tools), open registry editor (execute regedit) and go to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd

Change the Start value to 4 (disabled), and reboot.

After reboot delete the whole sptd key in registry services hive. If you get error message about permissions enable all permissions on cfg key first.

Reboot.

Reinstall Alcohol.

#3 Happy_1973

Happy_1973

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (zamiel @ Nov 8 2009, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Disable ANtivirus Software.

Uninstall all software using SPTD layer (e.g. Alcohol, Daemon Tools), open registry editor (execute regedit) and go to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd

Change the Start value to 4 (disabled), and reboot.

After reboot delete the whole sptd key in registry services hive. If you get error message about permissions enable all permissions on cfg key first.

Reboot.

Reinstall Alcohol.

"After reboot delete the whole sptd key in registry services hive. If you get error message about permissions enable all permissions on cfg key first." How to do this in details??????

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:45 PM

To change permissions rightclick on the key and click on the "Permissions" option.

#5 NARS

NARS

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:44 AM

or just download and run the following tool, it will remove sptd for you automatically:
http://forum.alcohol...s/sptdremov.exe
After removing SPTD from your system and restarting Windows as requested by the tool (you may need to reboot twice in some cases, the tool will tell you) then please try to reinstall Alcohol again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users