6 replies to this topic

#1 kakasasa09

kakasasa09

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:13 PM

why is the option in write mode (Bypass EFM Error) unchecked in profiles other than safe disc

i know the option must be unchecked in safe disc profiles for the game

but if unchecked in profiles other than safe disc and the disc have errors

will the program change the errors or make them not working or unreadable and make the game not working good
will they make the errors different

please make tick for the profiles other than safe disc (Bypass EFM Error)

#2 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:31 PM

http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=23848

#3 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:08 PM

System report examined and removed (its the same as in your other post anyway).

Let me make a distinction.
Read errors are part of the Safedisc copy protection, they also exist in other copy protections. In case that you have a scratched disk with read errors you must check this option in order to make an image no matter which datatype you use.
EFM errors only exist in Safedisc and are errors that have to do with burning an image to a disc. They are errors that can hardly (in case of CDs) or not at all (in case of DVDs) be reproduced with the commercial burners. If you think that your burner is a really good one (or just you want so) you can try making a standalone copy with the Safedisc 2/3/4 (EFM capable) datatype- that's only for CDs. If it doesn't work you can activate the corresponding emulation option of Alcohol, it may do the job. To be sure you can use the Safedisc 2/3/4 datatype (for CDs) or the Safedisk datatype (obligatory for DVDs) and burn the image with the RMPS data. In this case you must have the RMPS emulation of Alcohol activated in order to use the copy.

#4 kakasasa09

kakasasa09

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:38 PM

i mean in write mode why the option Bypass EFM Error is not checked in profiles other than safedisc
it must be unchecked in safe disc profile
and checked in other profiles
why is it checked

if the game has errors but not efm errors and the option Bypass EFM Error not checked
will it make the copy not work good

#5 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:56 PM

it must be unchecked in safe disc profile
and checked in other profiles

How did it come to you? If you read my post you can see that it is the opposite that is valid.

if the game has errors but not efm errors and the option Bypass EFM Error not checked
will it make the copy not work good

As I explained (or at least I tried) the read errors of e.g. a scratched disc have nothing to do with the EFM errors. If you mean that the game's files have errors themselves then Alcohol can't do anything about it.

#6 kakasasa09

kakasasa09

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:38 PM

Bypass EFM Error checked mean it not change errors

Bypass EFM Error not checked it mean it will emulate safe disc errors to work

but if the game is not safedisc cd and Bypass EFM Error not checked will the errors be unreadable

#7 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:34 PM

Bypass EFM Error checked mean it not change errors

Bypass EFM errors (in the Safedisc 2/3/4 EFM capable profile) means that Alcohol will bypass (not reproduce) the Safedisc's EFM errors that the burner can't reproduce while burning. If you want to check if your burner can reproduce them well enough to make a working copy (which may not be possible with this option activated) use the Safedisc profile that doesn't have this option activated. If you can't make a working copy with any of these two datatypes then you must resort to the Safedisc 2/3/4 profile with the RMPS data burning and emulation.

Bypass EFM Error not checked it mean it will emulate safe disc errors to work

No, in this case Alcohol will try reproducing the EFM errors. The EFM errors are emulated when the RMPS data are burned to the disc and RMPS emulation is needed in order to use a copy made in this way.

but if the game is not safedisc cd and Bypass EFM Error not checked will the errors be unreadable

EFM errors are present ONLY in the discs that are copy protected with SafeDisc. ph34r.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users