#1 vizionx

vizionx

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:13 AM

Hello. To give you some background:

I very recently (2 days ago) reformatted my computer and updated to Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit -- previously I had Vista Ultimate 64 bit. Just to clarify, I deleted the old partition and started anew, as opposed to just doing the "update" tool that the Windows 7 installer allows you to do (this is probably not relevant).

I used Alcohol 52% for years on my Vista 64 bit -- and used Alcohol 120% for about 5 or so days before reformatting -- and everything worked fine. However, when trying to install either of the two now (after installing and using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit) I keep receiving the error "Internal Setup Error. Contact Support."

To go into further detail, I double click the installer (which I downloaded directly from alcohol soft, not another website) - select the language --> click Next at the "Welcome to Alcohol" screen. Next is the license screen and when I click I agree (which, presumably, the installer would start right after), this error pops up, and after clicking ok, closes the installer.

I did some research on this and the solution most found to this issue was right clicking the installer and running as administrator (even if they were an admin on the computer already). I tried doing this and obviously, it did not solve the issue.

I really would love to continue using this program and was going to pay for the full version of 120% -- after I solve this issue, as Alcohol is arguably the best mounting (and others) device out there.

Edit: I NEVER attempted to install a non legal/pirated version of Alcohol. Alcohol 52% was probably the 6th program I tried to install after I reformatted and downloaded it directly from alcohol soft's website.

I appreciate the suggestions and support.

Thanks,
Shaun

Edited by vizionx, 22 June 2010 - 04:17 AM.

#2 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:53 AM

Which version are you trying to install?
Have you tried installing STPD first and then installing Alcohol?
Or install in Safe Mode?

#3 szcsongor

szcsongor

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:04 AM

I have now the same problem under Windows 7 Home 64 bit.
I tried now everything to install Alcohol52% (2.0.1.1820) but after it installs SPTD driver (1.69, the newest version) and reboots the system, the next time I run the install again, this error message pops up: Internal setup error. Contact support.
In safe mode the install asks for a restart every time, so the process lasts forever. I even tried to delete the SPTD entry from registry and manually delete the sptd.sys from system32/drivers folder, and separately install SPTD 1.69, but after this the Alcohol install produces the same error.
I ran out of ideas really...
Thanks for any help!

#4 szcsongor

szcsongor

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE (szcsongor @ Jul 17 2010, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have now the same problem under Windows 7 Home 64 bit.
I tried now everything to install Alcohol52% (2.0.1.1820) but after it installs SPTD driver (1.69, the newest version) and reboots the system, the next time I run the install again, this error message pops up: Internal setup error. Contact support.
In safe mode the install asks for a restart every time, so the process lasts forever. I even tried to delete the SPTD entry from registry and manually delete the sptd.sys from system32/drivers folder, and separately install SPTD 1.69, but after this the Alcohol install produces the same error.
I ran out of ideas really...
Thanks for any help!

I forgot to add, that before trying to install I even uninstalled my antivirus software (Avira Antivir) and killed every other processes in Task Manager (also disabled Windows Firewall), almost nothing ran in background. Still no success, every time this error message...

#5 Robbo

Robbo

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:11 PM

please try the following, if the problem persists then you may have to try removing the antivirus software.

http://support.alcoh...Contact Support

#6 nbriver

nbriver

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:24 AM

I have this same exact problem when attempting to install version "Alcohol120 2.0.1.2033". I have stopped every process and started the PC with out a firewall/AV and i cannot install this update.

Any ideas?

#7 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:26 AM

I have this same exact problem when attempting to install version "Alcohol120 2.0.1.2033". I have stopped every process and started the PC with out a firewall/AV and i cannot install this update.

Any ideas?

Could you please post your system report as requested by the trial forum guidelines. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users