6 replies to this topic

#1 kiwiguy

kiwiguy

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:49 AM

Hi, new user here and just trialing Alcohol 52 and hope you can help. First off, great product, have managed to just about create images of all my games and manage to run them from the virtual drive. However I'm having a problem with Empire Earth III. I have managed to create an image of the disc and have installed the game from the created image. However, when I run the game it terminates with an error message: "Emulator detected! Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software." Is there a way around this, have I missed a setting in the program somewhere. Thanks in advance for any assistance given.

Edited by ptolomeus3, 08 April 2011 - 03:02 PM.
System Report removal

#2 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:06 PM

I removed you system report, thank you.

What is the copy protection of the game? And conseqently, what settings did you use when making the image?
Have you tried using ACID (Alcohol Folder) and cloak your drive(s)?

#3 kiwiguy

kiwiguy

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:10 AM

Thanks for your reply.

According to the Data-Type Analyzer the copy protection is Securom 7. So from the Image Making Wizard I choose the Datatype as SecuROM. DPM precision High 1x, Image format MDS. All other settings remained without any changes. I've gone into DVD/CD drive EDM system and disabled all drive except the Alcohol drive, and ACID has the SafeDisc 4.x SecuROM 7.x checked and then I've clicked on Cloak. Tried to run the game and the Emulator detected message appears. Is there anything else I can try?

#4 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:50 AM

Just SecuRom 7 or did you get a more specific version?
Game on DVD = read speed fast, Game on CD = read spead low.
Have you installed from Image?
Any other software similar to Alcohol installed? If yes, deinstall cpl. and check for any leftovers/traces on your system.

#5 kiwiguy

kiwiguy

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:27 PM

The result from the data type analyzer was "Securom 7 (or higher) detected (000000008)". The game is on a DVD so I have successfully recreated the image using maximum speed and installed the game from image. There is no other software of this type on this system as it has recently been wiped and a clean install of all OS and application software installed.

#6 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:16 PM

If itīs stil not working, then we may need to wait for an update in Alcohol or ACID.
Have you tried to make a backup on DVD?

#7 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:09 AM

You can use ProtectionID (you can find it on the web) to check and report the exact version of SecuROM. In order to do it you must check the game's installation folder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users