#1 helpmee

helpmee

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:33 PM

Hello,

I'm really sorry to be bothering everyone here, but I desperately need to get this toolbar out of modzilla and uninstalled from my computer!

I accidentally clicked on an ad for this and it automatically downloaded to my firefox.
Now I can't get rid of it. I'm sure it's a very good product, but really I don't have a use for it at the momment.
I'm already undertime constraints for getting some work done, and now I've spent more then an hour or two trying to figure out how to get rid of this product.

In the about it says its version 3.3.3.2
I only found one of the registry keys and got rid of that, following these instructions:

1.run "regedit"
2.Find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{E9F81423-211E-46B6-9AE0-38568BC5CF6F}", then delete that.
However I have been unable to do the following:

3.Find "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\32418F9EE1126B64A90E8365B85CFCF6", then delete that.

Then to remove Alcohol driver you need to start Regedit then go to HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services here you should find the Keys for the Alcohol Driver in version 1.9.2.1705, 1.9.5.2722 or 1.9.5.2802 a347scsi and a347bus, or in version 1.9.5.3105 vax347s and vax347b, delete these Keys and remove corresponding files from Windows\System32\Drivers folder.

I have also deleted the folder in the program files. :( But it's still there. Please help.

I really dont mean to be insulting anyone by saying I want to get rid of this product, but really please help me.
I really have no use for it and its in the way of my work. :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:26 PM

Have a look here:

Method for removing alcohol 120% manually/

You must follow the instructions for the SPTD versions of Alcohol. However I think that the Alcohol toolbar is being installed separately, there must be an entry in the Start Menu or the "Add/Remove programs" pannel in the Control Pannel for removing it. Also have a look for help contained in the toolbar itself (instructions about how to disable and uninstall it).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users