2 replies to this topic

#1 Swifty

Swifty

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:23 AM

Is there a command line option to start alcohol.exe minimised to the system tray?

I'm sure that simply starting alcohol.exe (trial version) used to do this in the past; I had a shortcut in my startup folder, and it would run on a reboot, without the GUI appearing. This stopped working for me, about a year ago, so I've rushed to ask here. :-)

#2 Swifty

Swifty

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:03 AM

Bad form to reply to my own post, but I may have found the answer myself.

Firstly, it's Alcohol 52%, not the trial version. I get these confused, sorry.

I suspect that selecting "Autostart Alcohol 52% when Windows starts" is what I have used in the past. I've checked this now.

However, I prefer to autostart most processes with my own startup script at boot time. I have so many tasks to start that the PC gets bogged down if everything autostarts, and it's important to me that my browser is usable as soon as possible after a reboot.

... and I found the /startup option in HKCU/Run. Are there other command-line options? Are they in the help anywhere (I looked there first, honestly!)

#3 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:09 PM

I think that you may be asking for too much :unsure: ,anyway in order to receive support you must post your system report from within Alcohol first (have a look at the pinned topic "Please read before posting").

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users