• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 02:37 PM

ASPI stands for Advanced SCSI Programming Interface. Originally developed by Adaptec. It is a software layer that enables programs to communicate with SCSI (and ATAPI) devices.

Get it here : ASPI DOWNLOAD

If you have just updated to Windows XP and all of a sudden the burning software no longer works, then try this....

#2 dpoon

dpoon

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 02:48 AM

You can also go to the Adaptec website and download their latest ASPI drivers. If you run the supplied install script for XP, be warned that the script as is will not correctly install the ASPI layer. A fully installed ASPI layer consists of 4 files: ASPI32.SYS, WMASPI32.DLL, WOWPOST.EXE, and WINASPI.DLL. Of these the version numbers for the first 2 files must be the same. Also the version numbers for the last 2 files must be the same. However the version numbers for the first pair of files don't have to match the last pair's. Ok, running the supplied install script will only update/install the first pair of files (i.e., ASPI32.SYS, and WNASPI32.DLL). If you now run the ASPICHK.EXE application to verify the ASPI installation, it will report that WOWPOST.EXE and WINASPI.DLL have not been installed. You'll also get a warning saying that ASPI components are missing. To complete the installation run the file called ASPIINST.EXE (located in the same directory as the INSTALL.BAT file). You'll be asked to reboot for the ASPI changes to take effect. After you reboot run ASPICHK.EXE again and it should report that ASPI is properly installed and fully operational.

#3 Trace

Trace

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 06:32 PM

Thanks the link u gave me worked, now my CDR is recognised by ClonyXXL. I also went 2 Adaptec website. Thanks

Sam cool.gif

#4 mag046

mag046

1% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 09:03 AM

I have always used ForceASPI...

...get it here: Radified

This is the most complete solution and information that I have found yet. I run the 4.60s for everything, multiple burning apps and Clony...no problems yet.

later... biggrin.gif

#5 binky

binky

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 06:34 AM

thanks for the links. they helped alot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users