20 replies to this topic

#1 Movie_Man

Movie_Man

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 10:38 PM

Has anybody ever used DVD Decrypter (or something like it) to remove the protection on a Playstation 2 DVD game? If so please explain the process.

Thank you

Edited by Movie_Man, 06 July 2003 - 10:45 PM.

#2 Movie_Man

Movie_Man

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 02:10 AM

A120 team..

Please help me with this. I'm struggling to get a copy made and desperatley need your help.

Thanks

#3 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 12:53 PM

:no: Movie Man, with 17 posts I would think by now you would spend some time reading the FAQ section before asking a question like this. Here is a direct link to the PS2 copy tutorial, where it tells you to use DVD Decrypter: PS2 Tutorial We have this post pasted so that it is easy to find because it is right at the top too. Please try to locate this stuff before asking, it is too hard for us to do ALL the searching for you.....

#4 Movie_Man

Movie_Man

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 02:41 PM

This tutorial is useless. I think you guys need to read our questions before immediatley dismissing us and sending us to the FAQ. I have been trying get this backup going now for a week and have been through every letter of every post in the FAQ section.

Show me where FAQ tells you how to handle this message from DVD Decrypter:Error 15:47:09 Reason: Unable to find 'VIDEO_TS' folder

Show me where the FAQ tells you how to handle Libcrypt protection.

Please take a little time, show a little patience and help me with my specific questions. You need to work wth us here.....otherwise what is the point of a forum? I know I have done my part........I have scoured this forum for help and have provied you my complete system/sw config and detailed descriptions of my problems.

angry.gif And you suggest that I'm to lazy to search for myself!?!

Edited by Movie_Man, 07 July 2003 - 03:11 PM.

#5 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 05:11 PM

Has anybody ever used DVD Decrypter (or something like it) to remove the protection on a Playstation 2 DVD game? If so please explain the process.

The above is what you asked. It is a quote.

1. Alcohol 120% doesn't support DeCSS function, so you must use another software to DeCSS(like DVD Decrypter).
Put your PS2 DVD DISC into your DVD-ROM, then running DVD Decryptor, choose source DVD-ROM as that you put PS2 DVD disc into. Ok, you can close DVD Decryptor, because DVD Decryptor has DeCSS this Disc.
- 2. After DeCSS,-2a please use Alcohol 120% Image Making Wizard to make image file.(You don't choose any Datatype)

This is a quote from the FAQ.... Now based on the question, I would say this was the answer. I do not see
Show me where FAQ tells you how to handle this message from DVD Decrypter:Error 15:47:09 Reason: Unable to find 'VIDEO_TS' folder
in the original question. Do not get on people who try to answer your questions if the question is not right. You wanted to know about "Decrypter" and this answered that. If you want further info, then ask with more info, we do not read minds here. Also please watch the attitude..... While I am at it... This tutorial has been used by many users and works fine....

#6 Movie_Man

Movie_Man

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 05:15 PM

Again...I read the FAQ and have seen that clip many times.
Again here is my question.....I got the following message:Error 15:47:09 Reason: Unable to find 'VIDEO_TS' folder. How do I proceed? Is this normal?

Thanks

#7 Andareed

Andareed

Beta Tester

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 06:06 PM

Download decss.exe and try that.

#8 c22shooter

c22shooter

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 07:11 PM

Hi Your problem is that DVD Decrypter is set to FILE read on the mode tab, therefore its looking for a video DVD and by default a VIDEO_TS folder. PS2 DVD's do not have VIDEO_TS folders hence the problem. On the mode tab select iso read before you insert the Game disc. It will then read the disc and generate an iso image. Its probably easier to use decrypter to burn this image afterwards. This is what i do, backed up 35+ dvd games no problem. This only applies to single level DVD5's there are some games out there on 2 level DVD9 discs, these cannot be backed up. any other problems i will try to help.

#9 Movie_Man

Movie_Man

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 08:26 PM

Thanks a bunch c22shooter!

I think I'm getting closer. I ran DVD Decrypter in ISO mode per your post. This resulted in 3 files

1.i00 4,194,302 KB
1.i01 187,970 KB
1.MDS 5 KB

The game I'm trying to copy is ATV Off Road Fury 2. I'm not sure if its a DVD5 or DVD9...any way to tell?

Please let me know which file to burn and any other special instructions I may need.

Thanks again

#10 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 08:37 PM

DVD5 is smaller in size than DVD9.... A DVD9 DVD is around 9 gig in size and will not fit on a single DVD. DVD9 discs are duel layered and right now there is no home burning equipment to duplicate a DVD9 disc 1:1... There is softare that allows you to split it into two discs but that is for movies, not sure about PS2 games..... If you examine the Disc and it is under 4.7 or gig then it is a DVD5 disc.....

#11 c22shooter

c22shooter

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 09:12 PM

glad to help. You have three files. this is due to you hard drive being formated to fat32, this causes a 4gb limit. Once that is reached the second file is produced for the balance. To burn just launch dvd decrypter, mode, iso burn and select the first file. If you are using 4 speed media i would still recommend burning no faster than 2x, and dont multi task whilst burning. i even disable firewall and virus software and unplug the modem. Easy way to tell if a dvd is single layer is to read the information in the right panel of decrypter, when you read in iso mode. It tells you quite a bit of info. In closing what mod chip have you fitted to your playstation.?

#12 Movie_Man

Movie_Man

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 09:13 PM

Thanks for the info Tron. Now we're getting somewhere. As you are aware from my posts I have two games I'm trying to copy. All the early responses I was getting were "read the FAQ" and I did.....many times. That's what got me a bit perturbed.

I take back what I said earlier that the tutorial is useless. Instead I'll say it could be much more useful. Not included is how to tell what encryption you have. Ultimatley I found out I needed to download Cloney and I figured out how to use it. Also left out is the step by step DVD Decrypter process (which is what started this post). This is currently where I'm at.

I'm also now finding out about the DVD5/9 differences and limitations......also information I would concider important to have in a PS2 game burning tutorial. Anyhow.....enough about the tutorial.

To your point on mind reading.....when you are new at something you don't always know what questions to ask. I don't expect you guys to be able to read my mind but I would expect you to maybe ask me questions to help understand and narrow down to the issue.

Regardless.....the help is valuable & appreciated. Keep it coming!

Progress report: Need to know which of the three files to burn and what sw to burn with (DVD Decrypter or A120).

1.i00 4,194,302 KB
1.i01 187,970 KB
1.MDS 5 KB

Thanks

#13 Movie_Man

Movie_Man

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 09:20 PM

c22shooter

I think we were typing at the same time. Thanks for the response and the helpful information. I actually don't have a mod chip. I have a Swap Majik Flip Top. I was told that this does work for 75% of the games which is good enough for me. I'm not a huge gamer so this suites my situation.

I'm going to use DVD Decrypter to burn the ISO image now at 1x and then I'll return with the results.

Crossing fingers....and wondering where A120 comes in ? unsure.gif ?

Edited by Movie_Man, 07 July 2003 - 09:21 PM.

#14 c22shooter

c22shooter

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 09:45 PM

hi movie man, hope it works. You can use A120 to produce the image just use the image wizard, and select playstation2 profile from the datatype box. The only thing im not sure how alcohol would handle your 4gb limit. You have the ability to change the split limit in the "seperate image file every" box. I would guess selecting split to 4gb would produce the three files as per decrypter. As i am on xp with ntfs formating i dont have that problem. I use decrypter on my laptop, fat 32, with my external sony 500 when the kids have taken over the computer, so i know it works with the split file. I think the original confusion came about due to the difference between game dvd and movies. I havent run into any games that have decss protection, but i will bow to the faq author's knowledge, and accept some exist. Just going of topic, but from your name i would guess you are familiar with dvd movie backups. ? If you require any more info it might be better to contact me direct and we can continue via e mail, as we are going of topic we may get this thread blocked.

#15 Movie_Man

Movie_Man

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 10:02 PM

Good guess. My current movie collection totals around 300 DVDs. I'be got the DVD duplication process licked. Now I need a new challenge and PS2 DVD games seemed (and is) a worthy opponent.

I'm still burning with Decrypter on my other box. I give a readout in a 1/2 hour or so.

Question: If you haven't run into any games with CSS protection they why do you use DVD Decrypter.....isn't the whole purpose of this sw to decrypt CSS protection?

#16 c22shooter

c22shooter

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 10:27 PM

good question, habit i suppose to use decrypter, find it easeir to use for game dvd's and its very quickly obvious if you have a, rare at the moment, DVD9 game by looking in the right hand panel. If you use alcohol there are more screens to go through to image the game, and when i first started backing up games i found decrypter burns more reliable. Cant beat alcohol for pc games, virtual drive is very good. As i say just personal preference.

#17 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 10:33 PM

To your point on mind reading.....when you are new at something you don't always know what questions to ask. I don't expect you guys to be able to read my mind but I would expect you to maybe ask me questions to help understand and narrow down to the issue.
This is the last thing about this. After this we are going to stick to the subject because I wont have people arguing about things on the forum. All I can say about this is that I honestly thought I answered your question. If you read you original post I did answer correctly. Why would I ask you questions if I thought I gave you the answer you needed? Enough said. If you have anymore questions make sure to ask them in a way we know what you ask for. If you do not get the answer you are looking for then you probably asked it wrong so try again, if you still do not get the info you need then email one of us and we will work it out, there will be no flaming and no arguing or bashing on this forum. Like I said, this is the LAST of it. Feel free to continue this post as long as it sticks to the point of the thread, deviations will be deleted and warnings issued. Thanks for understanding, we have many users and need to keep the forum clean and to the point.

#18 Movie_Man

Movie_Man

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 10:37 PM

sad.gif Sad news......same problem. sad.gif

Everything seemed to go smooth wit the rip & burn and I got the "Burn Finished" message.

Then I loaded the swap disk into the PS2, it booted and I got the "Insert Disk" message. Then I put in the burned disk, hit X and a small red border appreard around the screen and it froze.

I'm very discouraged. Does anybody have suggestions?

#19 Andareed

Andareed

Beta Tester

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 10:39 PM

tron, just move this to off topic forum.

#20 c22shooter

c22shooter

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 10:56 PM

looks like you may have picked a difficult first game to copy and use on a flip top. other game forums list this one as a problem. It could also be a media problem, can you try another brand, ps2 can be as picky on media as home dvd players as i am sure you have found out. About all i can suggest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users