19 replies to this topic

#1 Snowlock_

Snowlock_

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 03:04 AM

Look... How long does it take to get official premastering support??? Most of this community has been waiting ever since Alcohol was FIRST released. Everytime we ask, we get a stupid reply like "It's in production... You don't want buggy software do you?" Well, I for one am at the point of just saying RELEASE WHAT YOU HAVE!!! Let us see where you're at...

I thought there was a BETA for some application a long time ago... Hmm... Maybe I'm delirious or maybe you people need to step on it...

Any information would be better than what we've been given so far.....

#2 Smabbage

Smabbage

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 449 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 03:25 AM

In the interum, if you are desperate, you can download CDBurnerXP Pro. It's free and will do the job until we get the Alcohol premastering plugin. I for one would like a fully funtional, top notch plugin as opposed to a incomplete one. But, that's just me. laugh.gif

#3 Andareed

Andareed

Beta Tester

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 01:00 PM

Try nero 6 when it is released.

#4 Alexander

Alexander

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 10:15 AM

Hi,

as software developer I prefer good and stable versions. Since I bought my Alcohl in October 2002 I was always satisfied with the released versions. For me it makes no sense to release a buggy version with premastering support. But of course I'm also waiting for this feature in Alcohol. I hope this feature will be available soon.

best regards and keep on the excellent work

Alexander
:ninja2:

#5 ZombieKIL

ZombieKIL

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 07:19 PM

Don't hold your breath!!

#6 Ki||er

Ki||er

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 02:54 AM

I have been actually thinking about his for awhile now and frankly I am starting to get disappointed with the dev team.

I purchased this software on: November 08, 2002 9:57 PM (says my online receipt). And shortly after that there was talk about premastering support; you even had screenshots of an internal build! Now 8 months later there is still nothing, no word no buzz. I still visit these forums daily to check on updates and while you have finally released one recently your turn out is a tad disappointing. You guys were going to be the software for the community! And while you have accomplished that you need to continue that.

And what the hell kind of replies are these?

Try Nero 6 when it is released.

and
In the interim, if you are desperate, you can download CDBurnerXP Pro.

I don't care about that software, I PAID for this software and was PROMISED a premastering plugin as well as a little plugin called Ice Alcohol....but I won't go into that right now. Point is that I shouldn't have to go to over software to accomplish my means, the WHOLE point of this software is to eliminate repetitious programs, the WHOLE point of this software is to burn multiple formats from different programs THUS eliminating the need for having those programs installed. All I really want is what I was promised and while you never did give a release date 8 months is a bit much to wait.

I can't speak for the team but I can guess it didn't take you this long to have a more functional version of the WHOLE program rather than a simple plugin to add premastering.

I have said it time and time again, give us NEWS, that will shut us up from time to time, but you do nothing. I can't believe it, what kind of people are in charge over there?!?! Its a simple truth, if you let us know how things are going then the general moral of this place will be happier. All of us who are waiting and waiting will wait a bit longer, we will feel a bit better and we will stay happier...longer.

I have always said that I have been satisfied with Alcohol 120% and it has been worth every penny. You guys developed a great piece of software.

Please just let us know how things are going from time to time, you can guarantee a greater interest in your product if you do, that is obvious.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by Ki||er, 16 July 2003 - 02:55 AM.

#7 Smabbage

Smabbage

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 449 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 03:06 AM

To answer your question

We were meerly offering alternatives that a person could use while we wait for the premastering plugin. As a matter of fact, my suggestion was FREE. I don't work for the dev team any more than you do, but as a forum member I thought I'd offer a temporary alternative.

#8 Ki||er

Ki||er

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (Smabbage @ Jul 15 2003, 05:46 PM)
To answer your question

We were meerly offering alternatives that a person could use while we wait for the premastering plugin. As a matter of fact, my suggestion was FREE. I don't work for the dev team any more than you do, but as a forum member I thought I'd offer a temporary alternative.

Understandable man, I just went out and got something to eat and re-read my reply. You are correct and are trying to do what a good forum member would do.

No hard feelings I hope.

#9 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 05:54 AM

While I can understand your interest on how things are developing on the pre mastering side of things, and can understand your thirst for information, all I can tell you is that it is in hand and well forward in its development stage.

To give more information such as screen shots, capabilities, options etc would be nice but you must understand that while things are being developed, to release such information would give competitors an insight into what we are doing, allowing them possibly to release a similar option in their software before us.

8 months does seem a long time unless you look at what we have done in those 8 months with our present software, we still need to deal with problems such as blacklisting, and user requests for functions and new protection types, these take time to implement and naturally slow down development on major options.
I still visit these forums daily to check on updates and while you have finally released one recently your turn out is a tad disappointing

Alcohol 120% - 1.4.0.103 (released 2003-01-03)
Alcohol 120% - 1.4.0.114 (released 2003-01-14)
Alcohol 120% - 1.4.1.221 (released 2003-02-21)
Alcohol 120% - 1.4.2.308 (released 2003-03-09)
Alcohol 120% - 1.4.3.410 (released 2003-04-10)
Alcohol 120% - 1.4.3.518 (released 2003-05-19)
Alcohol 120% - 1.4.6.711 (released 2003-07-12)

Hardly what I would call disappointing considering the improvements.
You can see the full change logs for these versions Here

Just as soon as we have information that we can release to you, we will.

#10 Ki||er

Ki||er

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 06:33 AM

Yea see what the hell!!

Alcohol 120% - 1.4.0.103 (released 2003-01-03)
Alcohol 120% - 1.4.0.114 (released 2003-01-14)

It took you 11 days!! You need to work fast, better, stronger!! tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Ok, maybe my comments were geared more after frustration than not. I have always said that I have been 100% satisfied with this software and I stick by that. I guess in the beginning you spoiled us with updates very frequently that when they were not so frequent it seemed like an eternity.

If you say wait then I will wait and hope that sometime in the near future it will be no longer waiting but reality.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

#11 wildman

wildman

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 04:25 AM

Ok, wow I'm new to this software and have experience in programming and to the development team I think you've done an execellant job with your development. However to the people that are in such a rush to get the premastering plugin they should try programming or software development for a while and see how they do. I personally spend a lot of time going through program routines that are rushed into production and I spend days weeks sometimes months getting the "finished product" working to spec. point being let them get it right before releasing it. :tu:

#12 Snowlock_

Snowlock_

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 11:21 PM

Well, I will just say that I KNOW how tough their job is... I am a computer science major and almost program for a living myself... I'll tell you up-front... It doesn't take 8-9 months to provide pre-mastering support. Either the Alcohol team isn't spending much time on the project... or their intentions are to wait until it's released as a major upgrade which, you guessed it, wouldn't be free...

#13 Andareed

Andareed

Beta Tester

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 11:57 PM

Well, besides adding more features to alcohol 120 regularily, pre-mastering isn't the only project being worked on. I'm also a computer science major. And I know that if you want something done right, you have to take the time to do it right.

#14 ZombieKIL

ZombieKIL

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 221 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 07:30 AM

I don't care if I have to pay for it, as long as it happens soon I am getting impatient.

#15 Twoddle

Twoddle

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 03:43 PM

What is premastering please?

#16 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 03:45 PM

Pre-mastering is the ability to copy files from your HDD or other source and burn to a CD/DVD. Examples would be Nero Burning ROM or Roxio Easy CD/DVD Creator.

#17 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 12:38 AM

If people put as much effort in to helping people here as they do complaining then the development team could focus on completing the project than answering these posts.

Give them a break.

#18 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 01:08 AM

Zamiel: This is an old topic from July. He just bumped this old thread to ask a question in it, probably without even realizing how old it was.

#19 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 01:33 AM

Na, I was meaning sometimes the only time we see people in the forums is to complain rather than give help. People always remember the bad things rather than the good points. You don't see too many other company's these days providing this level of support for their products.

#20 wasc

wasc

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 02:04 AM

you say they have been working on this project for ages, but Alcohol are a small company and don't have many staff.

Plus, they are constantly getting hammered with updates to create for new copy protections, bugs, new cd drives and all the rest of it, so there is only so much the people can do.

:whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users