35 replies to this topic

#1 binky

binky

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 08:35 AM

I am starting this thread to see who thinks what team is going to make it to the superbowl and win it. Just reply back with your team and maybe why you feel that way. I will start it off. I am going to go with the St. Louis Rams. They started off slow in the season. But now they are a force to be reckoned with. I think Torry Holt and Issac Bruce are one of the best wide receivers in the league. Their team is stacked with good players at every postion on both sides of the ball. So I think the St. Louis Rams will win it all. biggrin.gif

#2 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 07:23 PM

Go with the "Green" and Gold. The Pack is taking it this year.

#3 binky

binky

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 07:09 AM

BLUE & GOLD BABY...GO RAMS!

#4 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 06:30 AM

Green & Gold! Packers rule!!!!!!

#5 binky

binky

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 06:34 AM

They had an amazing game today. That was a much needed interception. But the question is can the Rams take down Carolina for me. And can the Packers take down Philidelphia for you guys.

#6 BigTy

BigTy

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 03:04 PM

Panthers smile.gif

#7 binky

binky

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 06:54 PM

Dude my Rams are gonna go into Carolina and destroy your panthers!

#8 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 05:33 AM

I thought the Rams were hosting the Panthers?

Either way if Carolina keeps playing the way they are right now and if the same Rams team the got spanked the 2nd half of the Lions game then The Packers and the Panthers are gonna have a good game for the NFC title. It's a shame Carolina will have to stop there though......

Green in Green Bay is just Karma, and I think Farve has an angel in the endzone

#9 binky

binky

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 06:24 AM

Yeah my bad. The Rams have homefield advantage. Whats big for the Rams though is that THEY ARE UNDEFEATED AT HOME THIS YEAR. The thing with the lions game is right when Bulger got hurt and they put warner in they didn't score a single point. So i am confident in the Rams.

#10 Rolando

Rolando

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 05:31 PM

I think that the Patriots are the team to beat.

#11 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 09:50 PM

The Pats are going to be tough, homefield advantage and all I think they have a really good shot at it but I think it will be Indie winning at the end.

The Rams can go undefeated at home during regular season, but come the playoff, nothing is impossible. The pack was undefeated at home last year and we had the first round playoffs at home and lost to the dirty birds. I think if Carolina will keep it close and whom ever screws up last will lose.

GO PACK GO

Bring on the Eagles!!

Edited by shawn_nee, 06 January 2004 - 09:53 PM.

#12 binky

binky

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 10:31 PM

still the RAMS

#13 binky

binky

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 11:38 PM

Well...as of now you all know that the Rams lost to the Panthers. It was a sad day at work. But you have to admit it will probably be the best game of the playoffs. Also the Chiefs lost. The Packers and Eagles are playing now. So I am gonna have to say now, since the ram are out of it, the Patriots will win.

#14 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 12:09 AM

Haha, time to incite an argument:

Pussy's wearing padding tongue.gif

#15 binky

binky

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 01:21 AM

First of all they are not. They are men with 300 pounds of muscle that could bench press a semi. Even if they were pussy's. They are pussys that get paid Millions more than you do.

#16 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 01:39 AM

Buwhahahahaha, mission accomplished. Ever heard of Rugby, Rugby League or Aussie Rules Football? No body armour. Anything goes in Aussie rules as long as the ref doesn't catch you.

#17 binky

binky

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 02:17 AM

No mission wasn't accomplished...nice try though. It just accomplished your stupidity. Wow rugby. Thats like comparing apples and oranges.

#18 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 02:32 AM

Haha, people who flounder in discussions generally resort to personal insults. Tsk tsk.

You are incorrect, American Football was derived from Rugby during the mid 19th century and Rugby was derived from Soccer sometime before that.

Both involve tackling, running with the ball, conversions, carrying a ball across the line, kicking, set plays, marks, penalties, same shape ball and too much money can be made from it.

The major differences being that you can't tackle a player without the ball in rugby, nor can you keep susbtituting players who may be better at attacking for those who can defend and the number of players on the field at any one given time.

Now if I was to compare cricket to football, then.....

#19 binky

binky

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 02:48 AM

Havn't changed my mind. Your talking to the wrong person.

#20 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 03:00 AM

Meh, the choice is yours. I just hope someone introduces you to rugby whilst your over here (god help us all). Me, I prefer cricket. Pity baseball isn't played in nz. Now that would be fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users