10 replies to this topic

#1 binky

binky

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 07:44 PM

Now that I finally have the COD map maker I was wondering if any of you know where I can get ahold of a how to guide. Something that is instuctional. That shows you what everything is used for. Because it is so complicated and I have no idea where to start. I would really appreciate anyone who knows where I can get something that would help me gain some knowledge on this subject so I can get started
:praise:

#2 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 10:09 PM

I hate to tell you this Binky, but you might be barkin up the wrong tree on this one. Your best bet would be to try the COD website first then try to find a community of modders. They would be the best shot you have.

#3 binky

binky

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 11:04 PM

I just thought that someone would know where a guide is somewhere.

#4 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 11:41 PM

It will work on the same principles as other 1st person games so find a tutorial for those (such as BF1942) and you shouldn't go too wrong although the controls will be different.

#5 binky

binky

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 12:29 AM

So BF1942 map maker should work the same way as Call of Duty? You sure?

#6 binky

binky

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 12:33 AM

Also If there is anyone of you guys that are pretty skilled in map making. Mainly the same map maker version as COD. Could you please help me on stuff. If you know helpful places to go for info on how to. Or just anything. Post or PM me. Thanks in advance.

#7 nmemine

nmemine

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 01:07 AM

Google it.

#8 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 01:25 AM

It won't be the same but the principles behind it will be. Many of the FPS use the same 3d engine to start with. In otherwords if you can design a map for BF1942 then it should be a hell of a lot easier to do one for COD (in theory).

I'm pretty sure there are map making forums for games around as well.

#9 binky

binky

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 05:50 AM

alright i'll keep lookin but google keeps letting me down.

#10 clemento

clemento

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 12:41 PM

Binky,

This map making tool isn't offically supported by Activision so you won't get any help from the COD website.

There also might not be much info out there on COD modding as there arn't many custom maps around yet.

You might want to try and find help on modding Medal of Honor as a starting point as they both use the Quake 3 engine and both use a version of Radient to mod the maps. So guides to map modding of Mohaa would help with modding of COD.

As for me i'm just playing with the software and finding things out, can be quite fun that way smile.gif

Clem

#11 binky

binky

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 06:26 PM

It's very complicating trying to design it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users