3 replies to this topic

#1 shockdiamond

shockdiamond

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:10 AM

I have been using Alcohol 120% for many years and I just recently tried the audio converter and I like it -- but it's just slightly annoying that the replacement characters option doesn't allow you to replace space with a period or dot.  I want the output filenames 02.Be-Like.This.mp3 instead of using spaces between words.

Can you please update it to allow the replacement character?

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:48 PM

Have you tried just to add the dot to the file name (e.g. %1(Artist)\%2(Album)\%7(Track number).%4(Track Name))?

#3 shockdiamond

shockdiamond

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 02:53 AM

Even if I add a dot to the string it won't put the dot between spaces in the artist, album or track.  For example, I ripped an audio disc I bought several years back because it was an import and it's in perfect condition -- I don't want to F it up. :D  It will make the filename 01.Just Surrender-If These Streets Could Talk-Can Barely Breathe.mp3 instead of what I want:  01.Just.Surrender-If.These.Streets.Could.Talk-Can.Barely.Breathe.mp3 - See the difference?  I can add the dot between each field but when it rips it, wherever there is a space in each field, it uses a space instead of a dot.

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 07:50 PM

Oh, I see what you want. This is an unusual formation but anyway, you mean that you put dots and they are turned into spaces? Perhaps it is a kind of autocorrection since the dot is used to define the file extension.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users