• Guests

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:01 PM

System report removed - Jito463

i don't know what do do about the problem

i have looked through my system for the new windows update...i dont have it

i keep getting an error message of:

Setting Device Maps failed!

Error Id: 1503
Message: Device problem %1. ACPI function BIOS must not be turned off.

#2 Trial User_Trial User_Samantha_*_*

Trial User_Trial User_Samantha_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:10 PM

woops sorry it says:

Setting Device Maps failed!

Error Id: 1503
Message: Device problem %1. ACPI function in the BIOS must not be turned off.

#3 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:46 PM

Have you checked in the BIOS to see if ACPI is enabled? As the message says, it must be enabled (turned on) for Alcohol to work. Unfortunately, if it's off there is no easy way to reset it. Simply turning it back on will not fix the problem. There is some very complex steps you can take to reset the ACPI functionality in Windows, or you could simply reinstall with it enabled. But first thing would be to check if it's enabled or not, to verify if the error message is correct.

#4 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2006 - 02:28 PM

how do i check the BIOS to see if the ACPI is enabled

if i were to reinstall with it enabled, would it restart my system and erase all my settings, programs and documents?

#5 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:22 PM

It should be listed under an option such as Power Management or Advanced BIOS Functions. Every BIOS is a little bit different, so I'm not 100% certain where to find it on your board.

#6 Trial User_Kuta_*

Trial User_Kuta_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:21 PM

I'm having the exact same problem, however I have the ACPI funtion enabled in the BIOS. It just keeps giving me the error. It's weird though as it used to be working perfectly fine not too long ago with the same hard- and software setup. And when I try to uninstall for a reinstall of Alcohol 52% it gives me an error about not being able to validate the installation. Which might be the problem. I guess I'll just clear my registry of any Alcohol 52% related info and wipe it off my harddrive for a reinstall. I'll keep you posted if it worked out or not.

-Rick

#7 Trial User_Kuta_*

Trial User_Kuta_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:34 PM

As I said I'd keep you posted about the subject. The reinstallation of Alcohol 52% Trail was a success. After the reinstallation I immediatly started up the program to see if it would work. And it works. No errors, virtual drives are working correctly, can mount images perfectly fine. The only real diffirence was that I put the installation on the same partition as my windows installation. Hopefully this will be of any use to people having the same problem.

Best regards,
Rick

#8 Trial User_Trial User_Samantha_*_*

Trial User_Trial User_Samantha_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (Kuta @ Aug 16 2006, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As I said I'd keep you posted about the subject. The reinstallation of Alcohol 52% Trail was a success. After the reinstallation I immediatly started up the program to see if it would work. And it works. No errors, virtual drives are working correctly, can mount images perfectly fine. The only real diffirence was that I put the installation on the same partition as my windows installation. Hopefully this will be of any use to people having the same problem.

Best regards,
Rick

Yeah, when i try to uninstall it it says they cant verify installation

I'm running a search on my system right now for power management and advanced BIOS functions

and im not really sure how to delete all of the components on Alcohol 52%
Do you think we'd have the same problem if we had downloaded alcohol 120%?

Samantha

#9 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:12 PM

Whatever Alcohol's form you have just delete its installation folder and any registry entries related to it. If you still have problems or can't reinstall you must also delete its drivers( vaxscsi.sys, sptd.sys and sptdxxxx.sys) from the Windows\System32\Drivers folder and the keys related to SPTD in the registry. If you can't delete an SPTD related key change its permissions giving Full Control to Everyone and if you still can't delete it reboot and do the same with its subkeys that will have become accessible.

#10 Trial User_Kuta_*

Trial User_Kuta_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Aug 18 2006, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whatever Alcohol's form you have just delete its installation folder and any registry entries related to it. If you still have problems or can't reinstall you must also delete its drivers( vaxscsi.sys, sptd.sys and sptdxxxx.sys) from the Windows\System32\Drivers folder and the keys related to SPTD in the registry. If you can't delete an SPTD related key change its permissions giving Full Control to Everyone and if you still can't delete it reboot and do the same with its subkeys that will have become accessible.

I've noticed that if the uninstall exe can't verify the installation there's no registry keys to be found. So all I basicly did was delete the complete Alcohol Soft folder and all it's content. With that done I could just run the installer again and it worked fine all after that.

Best regards,
Rick

#11 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2006 - 03:55 AM

Hi..

I am Having The Same Problem..
I Have Psted The Screen Dumps Please Help.

What Is The Problem. I Cant Activate My Virtual Drive.. Every Time I Do It Bring That Screendump Above.

#12 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 04:25 AM

@Guest directly above my post:

Please post a complete system report from within Alcohol.

#13 Trial User_Mr. Mojo_*

Trial User_Mr. Mojo_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:36 PM

Hi..

If I Done This Right That SYSTEM INFO Must Be Correct From Alcohol 120%..

ILLEGAL SYSTEM REPORT REMOVED - JITO463

Please Help... I Am Getting Frstrated, Only Upgraded It To This Version, Was Using 1.9.5.1705 Was Alot Better.. tongue.gif

#14 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Mojo @ Sep 1 2006, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please Help... I Am Getting Frstrated, Only Upgraded It To This Version, Was Using 1.9.5.1705 Was Alot Better.. tongue.gif

And if you used a legal copy, we'd actually care.

#15 Trial User_freejack_*

Trial User_freejack_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Jito463 @ Sep 2 2006, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I become with same problem as discrived here and my ACPI is disabled , enabling it didnt help like you have said, but what did you mean by reinstall it Acohol itself because the ###### wont go off and deleting it manualy wont do either , so i cant remove the damn thing, would appreriate advice

cheers

#16 Trial User_Kuta_*

Trial User_Kuta_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (freejack @ Sep 4 2006, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Jito463 @ Sep 2 2006, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I become with same problem as discrived here and my ACPI is disabled , enabling it didnt help like you have said, but what did you mean by reinstall it Acohol itself because the ###### wont go off and deleting it manualy wont do either , so i cant remove the damn thing, would appreriate advice

cheers

Not sure what the exact problem here is. Try redownloading the instalation exe and try installing it again with that. All I really did was deleting the main Alcohol Soft folder and just install the product again and it worked fine ever since. If you're having trouble deleting the folder for some reason try some random disk clean program, select the folder and delete it. That's all the advice I can give you. =/

Best regards,
Rick

#17 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:25 AM

Remember that for receiving assistance from the Alcohol Support staff a system report from within Alcohol is absolutely nesseccary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users