• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 08:45 PM

Ok I didnt know where to put this so Mod's you decide. It's not a suggestion for Alcohol, not really that off-topic, so here goes.

Is there a way to add an auto search to a post before it gets put on the board? For instance, if I had a problem with an error message say 25001, I would log in get set-up to post create a topic and then hit submit. Once the button is pushed have the board auto search for keywords in the post like error message or 25001 and then come up with a screen that asks if any of the posts match what they are looking for, then if not it puts the post up. There is something like it on Microsofts site, you type in your question it then searches off of keywords then puts up results, then can tell it if it was helpfull or not. I know a lot of users will still choose to post anyway, but for the serious people who know how and like to search instead of waiting for the same answer this might help them out also.

#2 BigTy

BigTy

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 01:21 PM

I like that idea. biggrin.gif

#3 ShutDown

ShutDown

120% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 06:17 PM

yes, it is very possible to do, however it would require a lot of edditing to the invision board as i highly doubt that this feature is allready included with invision (but turned off by default).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users