• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Iluro80

Iluro80

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 08:04 PM

Three men, an Italian, a French and a Spanish went for a job interview in England.

Before the interview, they were told that they must compose a sentence in English with three main words: green, pink and yellow.

The Italian was first:
"I wake up in the morning. I see the yellow sun. I see the green grass and I think to myself, I hope it will be a pink day."

The French was next:
"I wake up in the morning, I eat a yellow banana, a green pepper and in the evening I watch the pink panther on TV."

Last was the Spanish:
"I wake up in the morning, I hear the phone "green...green...", I pink up the phone and I say "Yellow?"...

------------------------

I've recived and i think it's funny, sorry for all Italian, French and of course, Spanish people (like me) that read this rolleyes.gif

#2 mapi

mapi

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 665 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 09:18 PM

ROTFL

#3 Netman (R.I.P)

Netman (R.I.P)

Administration

• Honorary Administrator
  • 505 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 09:28 PM

hahaha!

#4 Pappy

Pappy

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 302 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 10:50 PM

LOL, very funny Iluro80 biggrin.gif

#5 Bulk

Bulk

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 489 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 11:58 PM

lol. That was pretty good.

PS. Most of the guys here speak other lingo (languages) but is English your first language? Im just curious because you write it better than myself. Lol

#6 Iluro80

Iluro80

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 01:09 AM

Bulk, i'm my case, my first language is CATALAN, and my second (but 1rst in most places sad.gif ) is Spanish. And I'm sure that I'm not one of you comment... XDD bc I have too poor English sad.gif

#7 Pappy

Pappy

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 01:18 AM

Your English is excellent....makes me embarrassed that I can only speak 1 language (can't remember much of my school French).

#8 Iluro80

Iluro80

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 01:26 AM

Pappy, the truth is that, the joke isn't mine.. someone sent me in Mailing list... but is curious that were in English... usually in Catalan or Spanish :/

Better learn Spanish, is more speaked than French ;P

If you could saw my School English....

But I think Bulk and me can Thanks your words smile.gif) (I don't know how to say what i want in Engl :// and i know if I write in my language you couldn't understand sad.gif )...

Who will write the second "English Lesson"????? wink.gif

#9 Bulk

Bulk

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 489 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (Iluro80 @ Dec 1 2002, 01:46 AM)
Who will write the second "English Lesson"????? wink.gif

I would but I dont know any other language. Except for a couple of words of German. No offense to French but I hated learning that language many moons ago. German was easier and even then I dont speak it very well.

#10 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 08:45 AM

Well i must be the worst, British born so naturaly English speaking, lived in Denmark for 10 years can speak Danish but writing it is well out of the window, Live with my fiancée who is German, and cant understand a great deal of that let alone write it smile.gif
I guess i am a sad case LOL

#11 Sloopy_DE

Sloopy_DE

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 222 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 10:18 AM

Hi,

i just want to give my two pence here, i'm born german, living in germany so speaking German the hole day. But my wife's father is english so i got a good teacher. I really love the english language because in comparism to german it's much more simple and therefore much more elegant, stylish and just perfect for giving most possible information with just a few words.

As an example of this just a quote by my favorite author, Douglas Adams, who wrote the famous trilogy in five parts "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy":

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."

Just try to translate this into any other language keeping it that short without leaving out the sense.

As i said, just my two pence...

Sloopy_DE

#12 Iluro80

Iluro80

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 10:52 AM

Sloopy_DE, but, learning Engl from German, is easyly than learning from French, Italian or Spanish (to put exemples). For me, is easier French (but i really hate) or Italian.
Maybe you can say more things in less words in English, but I don't like bc i thinks too times are simple... impersonal maybe.. and one thing curious... in Spanish we have forms to male and female... in articles and most words.. and Engl. and German people.. most of times if they speak in Spanish, put article male and word female, or when is a male, art+word female... strange, no?? XD

#13 Pappy

Pappy

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 12:15 PM

My wife and I visited Holland (wonderful place and people) for a few days many moons ago, as Bulk would say, biggrin.gif and most people that we met were fluent in 5 languages. They naturally expected us to speak French. I never could get a handle on the male/female forms (language, not physical) and found it difficult to learn - oh enough to pass exams and with perseverence I suppose I would have done so. Too old now, rolleyes.gif

#14 Iluro80

Iluro80

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 12:43 PM

Pappy i know that it will be difficult.. if you have no "genres" in words... speak with them could be a new experience.. but.. I only know 2 English people who could.. ( only meet about 30 Engl).

I think it's better could learn many languages while growing smile.gif)

#15 Bulk

Bulk

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 489 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 04:19 PM

Can somone explain why in other languages there is Masculine and Femanine (and nueter in German)..
I dont see reason in having 3 different ways to say the word "The" unsure.gif

#16 Ljugtomten

Ljugtomten

Swedish Translator

• Alcohol Translator
  • 437 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (Phoenix @ Dec 1 2002, 10:57 AM)
Well i must be the worst, British born so naturaly English speaking, lived in Denmark for 10 years can speak Danish but writing it is well out of the window, Live with my fiancée who is German, and cant understand a great deal of that let alone write it smile.gif
I guess i am a sad case LOL

You sure are ;-)
1:st language: Swedish
2:nd: English
3:rd: German
I can read, and listen to Danish and Norwegian without problems, and I understand some Dutch cool.gif

#17 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 05:17 AM

Man.... Look at the start date of this post!(NOV 30, 2002) What archive did you pull this out of? You must really need to up your post count!!!! LOL.....

#18 Ljugtomten

Ljugtomten

Swedish Translator

• Alcohol Translator
  • 437 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE (Tron @ Jul 17 2004, 07:29 AM)
Man.... Look at the start date of this post!(NOV 30, 2002) What archive did you pull this out of? You must really need to up your post count!!!! LOL.....

My aim is to beat BigTy as Forum Spammer, and have more posts than you by monday morning :punk:

#19 BigTy

BigTy

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 07:46 AM

@ Navy man cold day in hell before you can do that smile.gif. As for Lang I can speak(joke was funny never saw this post) I can speak the following
1. Ghetto
2. Hick
3. Broken English
4. Short Hand( Im talking to congress to make this a pure LAng of it's own.)
biggrin.gif

#20 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 02:32 PM

I can speak

1.) Spanglish (TexMex)
2.) English
3.) Southern Ghetto
4.) Gangsigns and Tags