• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:43 AM

I am not much of a gamer. The last game I really played was Diablo II and like it a lot, but Guild Wars is really an fantastic game! I am very impressed. I love the idea that I can play on the desktop and then if I want to, I can play on the laptop and just continue with the same character because they are stored online. Works great. Games plays well and graphics are outstanding! I still have a lot to learn, and I can see that the wife will be pissed about this game taking up a lot of my time! LOL..... laugh.gif

#2 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 08:23 AM

You'll have to let me know what district you'll be loitering in tongue.gif

#3 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:06 PM

I keep getting crap up here from friends for not gettng it yet, I might be getting it in a little bit though. I just got 2 jobs cleaning and building a few machines for spare play money to so I might be in the same boat in a bit.

#4 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (Tron @ Jun 14 2005, 08:55 AM)
I am not much of a gamer. The last game I really played was Diablo II and like it a lot, but Guild Wars is really an fantastic game! I am very impressed. I love the idea that I can play on the desktop and then if I want to, I can play on the laptop and just continue with the same character because they are stored online. Works great. Games plays well and graphics are outstanding! I still have a lot to learn, and I can see that the wife will be pissed about this game taking up a lot of my time! LOL..... laugh.gif

Is it really that good (Diablo1 and DiabloII) ?

#5 Attila

Attila

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 219 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:36 PM

Diablo II was a great game, played that one myself a lot. The expansion for it was even better. For its time it really was a classic and has influenced a LOT of games after it.

I also have heard nothing but good things about Guild Wars. A guy here at work keeps raving about it and I do trust his oppinion. Perhaps I should put this on my list to play after I finish Knights of the Old Republic II.....

#6 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:28 AM

I always have problems with on line games.

I am a slow reaction guy. While playing (especially immediate action games, eg C&C), I can't manage to simultaneously think of words and type them or read other players' words. But the chat is important in a team game, so I must stop the actions within the game in order to read, think and type. And many times when I am concentrating on controlling my character, I miss the words from my teammates.

Those cause me to die in the game. Many times I am scolded by my teammates, and the opponents laugh at me. sad.gif

Do you think Alcohol will help me in that? unsure.gif

Edited by MaLing, 15 June 2005 - 07:30 AM.

#7 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:42 AM

Yup, give your team mates some Alcohol and their reactions will slow down smile.gif

#8 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:46 AM

Good idea. But I will give even more to my opponents.

#9 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 03:06 PM

OMG this game is great! It is addictive as H@LL...... I am hooked!!!!!

If you stop hearing from me then you need to come and rescue me from the game!!!!!

#10 Attila

Attila

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 219 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:35 PM

What exactly makes it so addictive? Is it the story or the team based aspect where you are interacting with others online.

I really like it when a game has a strong storyline to it. Thats why I'm a big fan of the KOTOR series.

#11 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:12 PM

They supply free c.r.a.c.k to all registered users. And I think you get an increase for each additional character you create and use.

Edited by shawn_nee, 15 June 2005 - 08:21 PM.

#12 Attila

Attila

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 219 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:20 PM

I know the free online gametime is a huge thing. I hate the thought of paying monthly to play a game I would have already payed for...

Maybe I'll actually get this one.

#13 2005

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:02 PM

My friends suggest that the Diablo 2 LOD disk was laced with LSD and that the reason you wanted to play so much is because each time the disk was touched you got high, I smashed that theroy because I played more then they did and I play from an immage lmao.

#14 Attila

Attila

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 219 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:26 PM

LOL. Heckuva game. I wish they would make a Diablo III....

#15 2005

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:29 PM

But they have no where for the story line to go really, the world stones were already destroyed.

#16 Attila

Attila

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 219 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:56 PM

You are right of course. But where there is money to be made and a public willing to buy it, I'm sure they could write some sort of continuance that would make sense. I for one would buy it if it was done right.

#17 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 10:58 PM

You do NOT have to pay to play. It is FREE online playing after you purchase the game. It has many plots, many people, the game play is outstanding, and it is just plain fun.....

#18 Attila

Attila

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:01 AM

I knew it was free to play online and that is a huge plus in my books. Thanks for the other info too. Are the graphics really good?

#19 2005

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:06 AM

I wouldnt mind paying to play online, I mean look how much WoW has already changed since it launched.

#20 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 08:23 AM

Yes, the gfx are very good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users