• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Combiseries

Combiseries

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:59 PM

biggrin.gif Don`t know if some of you will remember me, but I used to be a frequent poster on these here forums. Going way back a bit. I remember posting something not so long ago about me coming back, due to me getting broadband up and going again.

Seeing that I haven`t been on since then, let me explain.

I tried to go with TALK TALK free Broadband. They chuffed it right up. Now I can`t get broadband with anyone. I cancelled with TALK TALK, tried AOL. Nope, nothing, not a bean. And BT said, "Nope sorry, can`t help you fix your line cos you got no broadband with us." AOL said, " The problem is with your master socket, it`s BT`s problem not ours."

It looks like the only way I can get an enginneer out without being charged £135 for a new line is to have their really capped and really expensive broadband.

So I tell you what, seeing as I don`t see it very fair that I pay full wack for a 1MB connection (which is all I can get) when some people get more or much more for the same price. I`m going to stick with dial-up until the ISP`s get their act together and change the prices to suit the speeds that people get.

I`m using ONSPEED and I think it`s great, does the job for me and my connection with FAST4 at just £4.99 a month for unlimited access is the cheapest around.

Anyway, I hope to be around for a while and I hope I can help some of you. And I hope some of you can help me.

By the way, has anyone got a protected copy of Oblivion because my copy of A`Ray says it doesn`t have any protection......

Cheers

Combiseries

#2 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:18 PM

Welcome back Combiseries.
I have Oblivion on DVD and it´s not copy protected.

#3 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:16 PM

How expensive?

#4 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:53 PM

Hi Combiseries. Of course I do remember you. biggrin.gif

Welcome back!

I should actually thank you because you have given me a chance to post one more. wink.gif

#5 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 02:20 AM

Posted on: Jul 23 2006, 07:52 PM

Just letting everyone know I`ll be back soon.

Hum your idea of soon and mine are miles appart, wonder what your wife thinks when you say, "just popping out, back soon" biggrin.gif

#6 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 07:14 AM

Hum your idea of soon and mine are miles appart, wonder what your wife thinks when you say, "just popping out, back soon"

LOL Phoenix rolleyes.gif

Welcom back Combi, glad to see you back on.

#7 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 10:07 AM

Welcome back Combiseries. smile.gif

I tried to go with TALK TALK free Broadband. They chuffed it right up. Now I can`t get broadband with anyone. I cancelled with TALK TALK, tried AOL. Nope, nothing, not a bean. And BT said, "Nope sorry, can`t help you fix your line cos you got no broadband with us." AOL said, " The problem is with your master socket, it`s BT`s problem not ours."

Does really such a thing like free broadband internet connection exists? unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif What do you mean when saying that they "chuffed it right up"? They destroyed your line or you canceled with them for another reason?

#8 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 02:45 PM

@Charalambos

Dont hold your breath you may not get a reply for another 3 months whistling.gif he may have popped out for a while, im sure he will be back soon biggrin.gif

#9 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Phoenix @ Oct 14 2006, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Charalambos

Dont hold your breath you may not get a reply for another 3 months whistling.gif he may have popped out for a while, im sure he will be back soon biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Charalambos, by the time I bet you will have moustaches. biggrin.gif

#10 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 09:42 AM

Well, I hope that he will be back soon( even if he has forgoten everything about this thread till then). laugh.gif wink.gif

#11 Ljugtomten

Ljugtomten

Swedish Translator

• Alcohol Translator
  • 437 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 02:50 PM

Darn.. a broadband connection in the UK looks very expensive.

In the land of beautiful women and The Pirate Bay, a 30/30Mbit connection costs £18/month. No cap at 30GB or similar.

That's what I pay for my connection. And you can get 100Mbit FDX cheaper in some cities.

#12 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (Ljugtomten @ Oct 15 2006, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Darn.. a broadband connection in the UK looks very expensive.

In the land of beautiful women and The Pirate Bay, a 30/30Mbit connection costs £18/month. No cap at 30GB or similar.

That's what I pay for my connection. And you can get 100Mbit FDX cheaper in some cities.

You what? 30/30 sad.gif

We pay $59.95 for 2mbit / 192k with a friggin 10g cap. They're about to change that to full speed after the government intervened, but thats still only going to be 8mbit / 128k. We're seriously getting ripped off.

#13 2005

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:21 AM

$33 a month for a symetrical 30 megabit connection is insane, we pay $40 for a 6 megabit/.5 meagbit connection although we have no cap either.

In a major city our ISP gives 12 megabit/1 megabit for the same price.

#14 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:04 AM

I'm paying about $21 for a 1.5 MB to 3MB up and up to 512 down.

#15 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:00 PM

I assume you meant that the other way around? 1.5-3Mbit down and 512Kbit up?
wink.gif

#16 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:01 AM

Yes, my mistake. good catch.

#17 Combiseries

Combiseries

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (MaLing @ Oct 14 2006, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Phoenix @ Oct 14 2006, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

@Charalambos

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Charalambos, by the time I bet you will have moustaches. biggrin.gif

Make that a week or two laugh.gif . My ISP Fast4 decided to sell out to V21 Biscit. Then they were having problems, now its all fixed I`ll be around for a bit before anything bad happens.

With regards to TALK TALK chuffing up my connection, well it was activated but there was no signal. After many calls to them, one of which I found out they got all the wrong details matched with my free broadband, I cancelled after they gave me the runaround for four months.

When I went to AOL, they didn`t send me my free wireless modem, and when using my USB one I had no signal even though they told me it was active and there were no problems their end. Eventually when I had my free wireless modem they went and sent me two!!!

So after a passing back and forth between BT and AOL I told them both where to go and cancelled. I`m still getting calls now from BT asking me if I want to have broadband with them.

A friend of mine recently told me that BT leave markers in the exchanges and it is these that stop the connection, but somehow I don`t see any truth in that because when I left Tiscali, they left a marker. I had it removed three months later when I went with TALK TALK.

It`s a shame really because their free calls package was really good.

And guys (and gals) my wife doesn`t mind the internet being on with dial up, its just that we are in debt at the moment and we are on a budget with everything.

Got meself a new sata hard drive yesterday, when I fitted it in I accidently deleted all data on my original drive and lost three months worth of Oblivion saves. blink.gif

Anyway, I don`t want to ramble on otherwise I`d be treating this place like a bit of a blog so I`ll sign off here and go play Oblivion from the start again.

#18 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:44 PM

Good, this time you are far faster: You only took one week instead of three months. laugh.gif

Your blog is not boring at all. wink.gif

#19 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 09:01 AM

Good to see you back again....

Just check in once a week or so.

#20 Combiseries

Combiseries

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 09:03 AM

Just to let you know, I have had it with Dial up and all the mucking about. I have gone with BT Broadband so if anything goes wrond it`s BT I contact and I won`t be messed about. It`s a bit on the expensive side but there is a CAP, but who cares I will be around a bit more often.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Who cares?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users