14 replies to this topic

#1 NoMoreCoasters

NoMoreCoasters

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 08 December 2002 - 08:37 PM

I have quite a few mpeg films on my hard drive and was wondering whats the best way of burning them to disc so they can be played in a DVD player.

I've had a quick look through the search and could not find any answer that may suggest it can be done with Alcohol.

If i'm wrong can someone please advise.

#2 luciano

luciano

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 08 December 2002 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (NoMoreCoasters @ Dec 8 2002, 09:57 PM)
I have quite a few mpeg films on my hard drive and was wondering whats the best way of burning them to disc so they can be played in a DVD player.

I've had a quick look through the search and could not find any answer that may suggest it can be done with Alcohol.

If i'm wrong can someone please advise.

You will can do it with Ice alcohol, that will be relised soon!
look here http://forum.alcohol...=ST&f=10&t=1029

#3 NoMoreCoasters

NoMoreCoasters

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 08 December 2002 - 09:20 PM

Will this be another program to buy if so will there be a fee reduction if you have purchased the retail version of Alcohol.

Is there no way of incorperating this into a future version of Alcohol.

#4 flips

flips

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 435 posts

Posted 08 December 2002 - 11:01 PM

Well, since this is the off topic forum, why not just use nero. In fact, you can use nero express. Just select video cd and then vcd from the menu and load the mpeg. Nero will convert it and then you just burn it. Easy as pie really.

#5 Otaiba

Otaiba

52% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 01:39 AM

Accordding to one of the Alcohol dude (I think it was Phoenix), ICE Alcohol is developed seperately so it will be a different product... however alot of the features in it will be released as plugins for registered members.

Any one know when any of the plugins will be released?

Ots

#6 luciano

luciano

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE (Otaiba @ Dec 9 2002, 02:59 AM)
Accordding to one of the Alcohol dude (I think it was Phoenix), ICE Alcohol is developed seperately so it will be a different product... however alot of the features in it will be released as plugins for registered members.

Any one know when any of the plugins will be released?

Ots

Ice lcohol is in beta testing and will be released when all the bugs will be fixed!

#7 c22shooter

c22shooter

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 09:35 AM

hi more more coasters. went through the same myself. got fed up in 70/80 min vcd of fast searching to point in film i was at night before. ended up using vcd easy, free download, search on google. used this as it allows chapter points to be inserted, manualy or you can decide on how many, i normally set every 5 mins or so. also has built in burner. you can produce bin or iso files that can be mounted to alcohol and tested before burning.

#8 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:09 AM

Being one of the Beta testers for ICE Alcohol i can honestly say it will be worth waiting for, there are a few bugs to iron out before it goes public and a few additions to be made from the points made by other Beta testers.
Exactly how many of the options will be introduced to Alcohol remain to be seen but as a standalone program my 13 year old daughter had no problems producing an SVCD of one of her DVD films, naturally the only real headache to most users is the CSS issue but as we all know there are ways round this smile.gif

#9 NoMoreCoasters

NoMoreCoasters

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 30 January 2003 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (flips @ Dec 8 2002, 11:21 PM)
Well, since this is the off topic forum, why not just use nero. In fact, you can use nero express. Just select video cd and then vcd from the menu and load the mpeg. Nero will convert it and then you just burn it. Easy as pie really.

I downloaded the trial version of nero express to try out and thought it would work fine.
It said it was encodeing the file and then burned it to disc excellent i thought biggrin.gif
but when i put it in my dvd player nothing happened just a sign saying 'no disc' sad.gif

When i checked the disc it just had what looked like data files on it.
Any ideas

#10 luciano

luciano

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 30 January 2003 - 11:13 PM

Did you select "new VCD", "SVCD" or new data(multisession)-cd?
Did you burn at high speed?

#11 NoMoreCoasters

NoMoreCoasters

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (luciano @ Jan 30 2003, 11:33 PM)
Did you select "new VCD", "SVCD" or new data(multisession)-cd?
Did you burn at high speed?

Selected VCD and burned at 8x

When i added file to record i got the message this mpeg is not vcd compliant and needs to be re-encoded.

It then does this then burns successfully but will not play as a DVD in either pc or DVD player
When the disc is checked there are 5 files listed:- CDI,EXT,MPEGAV,SEGMENT & VCD

Is this any help huh.gif

#12 Robbo

Robbo

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 12:18 AM

Hi NoMoreCoasters, you will probably find that you will need the MPEG-2/SVCD encoder this isnt a part of Nero Vision Express and needs to be bought seperatley.

#13 NoMoreCoasters

NoMoreCoasters

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (Robbo @ Jan 31 2003, 12:38 AM)
Hi NoMoreCoasters, you will probably find that you will need the MPEG-2/SVCD encoder this isnt a part of Nero Vision Express and needs to be bought seperatley.

Is the MPEG-2/SVCD encoder needed for all films that need to be played on a DVD player and is this something ice alcohol will have when its finally launched

#14 Robbo

Robbo

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 12:37 AM

When i added file to record i got the message this mpeg is not vcd compliant and needs to be re-encoded.

I have found that when i get this message with Nero when Burning that i want to Burn a VCD as SVCD or vice versa and the fact that it said its not VCD compliant points to the fact that you seem to be trying to Burn a SVCD as a VCD but without re-encoding it will be burnt as a SVCD.

#15 NoMoreCoasters

NoMoreCoasters

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (Robbo @ Jan 31 2003, 12:38 AM)

I have now got the SVCD plugin encoder installed and although nero recognises that it is installed when i select SVCD and add a file i am still getting the message 'the file needs to be re-encoded' but it still does not encode then burn successfully. angry.gif

Think i'll just wait for Ice Alcohol to come along(hopefully it wont be too long in coming................._ :in:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users