1 reply to this topic

#1 SAW

SAW

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 08:31 PM

since my kids are always having problems with the ps2 games ... scratched, freezing, etc etc. i decided to buy this new program to back copies up. however, i'm finding out that i still need to either get a modchip for my ps2 or use swapdiscs. can anyone help me with this? is one better then the other? or is there a way with alcohol 120% to copy them exactly as they are and they would work without doing anything to playstation2. would appreciate some help on this matter. thanks.........

Edited by SAW, 24 October 2004 - 08:42 PM.

#2 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:43 PM

There's advantages and disadvantages to each method. A MOD chip will void your warranty, requires some work to put in and some games will detect their presence and refuse to work. A swap disc may require some modification to the lid (also voiding your warranty), but may not. I'm not sure. However, because you have to have physical discs to swap out (you cannot use backups of the swap discs) then you run the risk of having to replace them every so often. Also, it's not as convenient as a MOD chip since it requires more effort on your part (boot from the swap disc, swap the CD out, put the new disc in), whereas a MOD chip simply allows you to insert the game and go. It's up to you to decide which method you prefer.

*EDIT*
Please do not respond using PM. You'll get much better help from people who actually *HAVE* PS2's if you post in the open forum.

Edited by Jito463, 25 October 2004 - 06:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users