• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lvsitano

Lvsitano

Portuguese Translator

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 01:07 AM

VSO Software just released a idependent filter to allow play AutoPlay burned CD-R/W's without having to install BlindWrite. What do you think about this?
The BlindWrite software really sucks angry.gif

#2 Smabbage

Smabbage

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 449 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 04:01 PM

The more programs that support RMPS the better. I'd like to see it become the standard for this type of protection. It works very well on my rig. It's easy to create a RMPS backup and the playback is seamless.

#3 tenndevil

tenndevil

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 05:52 AM

[QUOTE] VSO Software just released a idependent filter to allow play AutoPlay burned CD-R/W's without having to install BlindWrite. What do you think about this?
The BlindWrite software really sucks

It's statements like this that make me change my mind about buying competeing software, especially when they come from employees of the software company you are looking at.

The biggest advantage to blindwrites filter is it just that a filter, I am not putting any software down that works, but IMO less is better, and at least the filter is free, and not dependant on some one else's creation.

#4 Lvsitano

Lvsitano

Portuguese Translator

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 08:58 PM

tenndevil: I'm not an Alcohol employee, I'm just a translator. I'm not here to make you buy Alcohol or any other software.

#5 Bulk

Bulk

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 489 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Smabbage @ Dec 26 2002, 04:21 PM)
It works very well on my rig. It's easy to create a RMPS backup and the playback is seamless.

Yes. I cant get it to fail. The RMPS feature is very very reliable.

#6 flips

flips

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 435 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (Bulk @ Dec 27 2002, 09:54 PM)
Yes. I cant get it to fail. The RMPS feature is very very reliable.

Have you found a cd-cops game to test it with yet?

#7 Iluro80

Iluro80

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 10:59 PM

tenndevil, i could say the same as vio_man I'm a translator too, and also, i'm poor (but could be a good idea to be paid by them :in:
I'm CCD translator too, and they don't pay us 2.

I think we are free to judge what soft suits better for us, and also, for our computer/writer.

I'm using both 3 soft to make my backups.. for me, one works better for one protection/thing and the other one for other types.

I could say that BlindWrite for me, works great in some protections (and my writer), but i cannot backup correctly other.

I think here isn't the place to aegue this, but it's the place to respect all other members.

I try to be neutral, but i don't know if i do it well :woot:

#8 Bulk

Bulk

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 489 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (flips @ Dec 27 2002, 11:06 PM)
Have you found a cd-cops game to test it with yet?

Nah, nobody in the Beta forum can tell me a game in the UK which has the CD COPS protection. sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users