#1 sun82

sun82

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 10:03 PM

Hi,

about 3 weeks ago I got a ps2 slimline v12 and I had purchased a dms4 modchip as well. I found a step by step guide with good pictures on how to install it. After the installation was successful I of course turned it on and when I did the power LED went from red to green and then like 2 seconds later it turned red again. During this phase I saw nothing on the screen and there was no activity whatsoever in the dvd tray.

After unsoldering the dms4 off of the ps2 I tried to turn it on again and the same problem resumes. It seems that it's fried but nothing smoked up or gave me any unusual indication that something bad was going to happen. PLEASE HELP ME!!

Attached you will see the step by step pictures that I was referring to if this would help.

Attached Files

#2 2005

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 10:09 PM

The new slimlines need to have a special step done to protect the LA chip in them, espically with the newer chips like the DMS4. Many users have fried their systems by modding them without using this extra step ( which i dont know what it is, but i know you need to do something special to the new slimlines to mod them or else theres a good chance it will burn up)

#3 sun82

sun82

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 11:36 PM

I've been told that it could also be a fuse that's possibly blown as well. Is this possible and if not is it really worth trying to get it fixed?

#4 2005

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 11:58 PM

If its a fuse then yes, if its what i suggested above then no.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users