#1 diggler2020

diggler2020

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 03:41 AM

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone could explain how to change what drive letter a program looks for when trying to load something.

For example, I installed a program from a mounted drive that was at the time assigned (G:) and everything was fine, but now, when attempting to load a certain area of the program again it is asking me to insert the drive in (G:) everytime.

The problem is, G: no longer exists, I dont want to have to mount an image there everytime now, I would rather just run it from the cd-rom which is E:.

Any help is appreciated )

#2 RAS1187

RAS1187

120% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 05:51 AM

Usually the program looks for the drive from which it was originally installed from... so if you installed it from G:, its going to search G:, I think you might have to re-install the program from the drive you want the program to load from.

#3 Robbo

Robbo

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 05:54 AM

its possible to change the Drive letter by editing the Registry entry for the Program.

#4 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 04:14 PM

You want to edit the registry like Robbo said it will show the install path on it, just change the drive letter to the one you want it to look at from now on.

#5 tenndevil

tenndevil

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 159 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 09:25 PM

Not all of them are in the registry, some are contained in the applications own directory, if i'm not mistaken Delta Force Black Hawk down is one where it's not in the registry

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users