#1 Hijacker

Hijacker

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2003 - 06:05 PM

Dear all,

I am making a program that reads diffrent informations from the CD or DVD drive. I haven't released it yet since it's still in development. It will be freeware and if you want to try the latest beta version you can download it here.

I have recenly added the information about what a drive can read and what it can write. I send a command to the drive via ASPI drivers and as return I get few bytes that I then convert into standalone capability. But the command MODE SENSE(10) with page code 2A doesn't return the information if the drive can read or write DVD+R or DVD+RW discs...

Since your program can burn DVD+R/RW I bet you have to check if the unit is even capable of doing this...

Can you please share the info on what command do you send to the drive and where in the result of that command you get this information... Can you advise me a documentation I can check. I tried every PDF I could find on www.t10.org page but no command seem to do this...

I am not planing on competing and making my own software for burning. I just want an Info Tool to show what a CD/DVD drive is able to do...

Thanks.

#2 luciano

luciano

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 10 January 2003 - 06:25 PM

I detected some bugs in your program: it shows that my liteon 40125s reads at 40x (the correct read speed is 48x). it shows also cd/dvd burner. It is only a cd burner, not dvd burner....

#3 Hijacker

Hijacker

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2003 - 11:13 AM

Program shows exactly what it read FROM WITHIN the drive. I have exactly the same model as you do. For me it shows 48x read speed and 40x write speed. Try diffrent ASPI drivers...

About the CD/DVD thing this is a SCSI specificication text. I will change it before I release the 1.0 to show acordning to what a drive can actualy do...

So... Anyone knows how to read if it can support DVD+R or DVD+RW?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users