• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 04:06 AM

I tried to buy a new hard drive off EBay today. I won the bid, I then paid with Paypal which was an option this guy used. He denied my payment! We had a little spat about it, and I left him negative feedback. What I hate is that now he can just return the negative feedback to me! That is one thing that irritates me about Ebay. If you buy something, the seller just waits until you leave feedback before they do.... That way if you give negative feedback they can retaliate! On an up note, I did get the drive from someone else............

#2 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 05:23 AM

You should report the git and have your negative feedback from him removed

http://pages.ebay.co...erformance.html

When a seller lists an item on eBay, and a buyer bids for and wins that item, the seller and buyer have entered into a contract. Both members are expected to honor that contract. In accordance with that contract, the seller may not:

3. Refuse to accept payment for an item at the end of a successful sale.

4. Refuse to accept a buyer’s PayPal payment using a credit card if the seller included the PayPal logo in the listing which signifies the seller will accept PayPal payments. Sellers are not permitted to state in their listings that PayPal payments made via credit card will not be accepted.

#3 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 06:16 AM

E-Bay can also prove that the payment was indeed deposited in to that person's account. Should he still deny it, then its fraud.

It happens with auction sites over here to, however the authorities do chase these individuals and prosecute them.

#4 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 07:29 AM

These kinds of people are really rubbish. Actually the products they sell are always very suspect, so maybe the one you chose was a faulty drive. I believe you are lucky because if you had bought from this rubbish guy, you would probably have had another great trouble. Furthermore, it is not worthwhile to let a guy with this kind of morality earn your money. wink2.gif

Edited by MaLing, 14 September 2005 - 07:31 AM.

#5 BigTy

BigTy

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:43 AM

Report back what happened I am interested to see what ebay does.

I am selling a 3500+ on there now.

#6 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 01:27 PM

Well so far all they did was generate a form letter that states the rules. The thing is, if I force him to honor the deal now, I am sure he will put the drive down and drive over it before sending it! LOL..... I found the same drive for about $4 more, and it is brand new from a company. I ordered it..... But I promise you, I will not have negative feedback once I am done. LOL..... angry.gif

#7 Robbo

Robbo

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 05:21 PM

Bullshit like this is why i dont use Ebay, i sold my first Burner there many moons ago but wasnt happy with what i got for it and since then have bought stuff where i live that way i know that it will work and if not then it goes back, may cost me the odd Euro more but at least i have my piece of mind.

#8 Combiseries

Combiseries

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 06:15 PM

I have never had any problems with ebay, I have 100% feedback and have sold all the components from my computer on the site. Hard Drive, Graffix Card, Memory and Processor and fan. From the proceeds I have rebuilt another computer using the same case to the one you see below and I also made a small profit. All the components I have bought work perfectly, including the Athlon 64 3000. I have also sold books and other stuff as well, each time the buyer has been very happy.

When I have bought something I have always paid as soon as the auction was over. Ebay is great I thinks.

#9 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 07:07 PM

You can have it changed to neutral, it's not the same as having no feedback, but I would still have the support brought in on it.

#10 pollutedshine

pollutedshine

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 04:37 AM

Flea Bay - Hate it, Hate it, Hate it! I got stooged by a guy selling 100pks of DVD-R's (crappy Princos - Good enough for Data) Some how I got them for $9.00AU + $14.00 Postage. 12 Months Later Nothing. I've reported him to E-Bay, sent emails to him, but funnily enough he is no longer a member of E-Bay because of shell bidding. I went through the E-Bay phase but I'm so over it now.

#11 Attila

Attila

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 05:39 PM

Thankfully I have had nothing but success buying stuff on Ebay. Sometimes things take a while to be shipped to me but I have always ended up getting them. I have heard about some unlucky people though. Sorry to hear about your experience too Tron. Good luck with getting that negative feedback fixed. To be honest though, with the way humanity is, I'm surprised that there aren't more problems with the Ebay system.

#12 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 11:29 PM

Well I ended up just getting it from another place and for the same price. I already have the drive installed! Works great....

#13 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:52 AM

The guy is trying to get EBay to refund some selling fee so he emailed me trying to get me to agree that we decided to forget the deal. I refused and so he filed a non payment file against me! I contacted EBay with the mail he sent (Which is fraud) and the email showing my payment and the email showing his rejection of payment. I am sure I will get this cleared out. I hope that this will really get him though. I really do not care about my EBay rating, I just want revenge! LOL.... yahoo.gif

#14 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 08:04 AM

I do not call this a revenge (but I do not know the word in English), because you are not doing some extra things to punish him, you are just continuing (or insisting) to perform your procedures, which is absolutely correct. If it was the other way round, i.e. you denied the transaction, it would then be your fault.

This guy is very foolish to make a fault statement, which will only make himself even worse. Can a self made statement replace all the proofs in the credit card centre, Ebay, PayPal, bank, and so on?

#15 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 02:11 PM

You are right, but it feels good to put this guy in his place! Here is the email I just got from EBay:

This email is in response to your recent report regarding item #
xxxxxxxxxx. We are sending you this response based on the item number
and payment information you submitted.

We will investigate the seller and take appropriate action upon the
completion of our investigation. Such action may include issuing a
warning to the seller, temporarily or indefinitely suspending the
seller`s account or, terminating the seller`s membership with eBay. Due
to eBay`s Privacy Policy, we cannot provide you with information
regarding the details of this investigation or the seller`s account.
This policy is for the protection of all eBay members.

Since you used PayPal to purchase this item, we encourage you to report
this matter to PayPal if you have not done so already. Reporting your
dispute to PayPal is the best way to reach a resolution. eBay works
closely with PayPal to help buyers resolve their transaction problems
quickly and effectively.

#16 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 02:34 PM

UPDATE:

Thank you for contacting eBay concerning the Unpaid Item strike you
received.

Our records indicate that this is the first Unpaid Item strike you have
appealed. Based on your effort to contact us, and the information you
have provided, we have removed the Strike from your file.

#17 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 04:28 PM

This is good Tron. I' m happy to know that you went over this pittyful story without being unjustifully treated in a negative way. smile.gif

#18 Attila

Attila

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 05:24 PM

Indeed. I am really happy to see you were vindicated Tron! Honestly that guy must have gravel for brains if he thought that he could lie and get away with it like that. It would be so easy to prove that you had paid. I like happy endings for situations like this. Thanks for keeping us informed.

#19 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 11:09 PM

LOL.... I LOVE A HAPPY ENDING!!!!!! Thanks for the support!!!!!! yahoo.gif

#20 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts