• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:53 PM

No, you did the right thing. We always remove SysReps after reviewing them. I just didn't post a response then because I didn't have time to. You may need to extract the RTSTOR.sys file from your Windows CD back onto your HDD. You could also try a repair install of Windows by booting from the CD, and following the prompts until it offers you an option to repair (note: not the Recovery Console option, the next one). For future reference, it would be best just to rename system files like this instead of deleting them if you have a problem. Make sure if you do the repair install that you remove Alcohol and SPTD first.

#22 Trial User_Trial User_Jason_*_*

Trial User_Trial User_Jason_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:09 AM

Well I just got windows reinstalled, I couldn't seem to get the file back from anywhere. I just set everything up, it was running beautifully, and... now that I restarted it just keeps doing it again. I'm going to try to get back in to rename it this time, but what after that? Is there any way that I can still have alcohol and the card reader in my system? To be honest, I used a less than legal copy before going to 52%, and while it wouldn't work well, it didn't do this... Thanks.

#23 Trial User_Trial User_Jason_*_*

• Guests

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (Trial User_Jason_* @ Mar 21 2007, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I just got windows reinstalled, I couldn't seem to get the file back from anywhere. I just set everything up, it was running beautifully, and... now that I restarted it just keeps doing it again. I'm going to try to get back in to rename it this time, but what after that? Is there any way that I can still have alcohol and the card reader in my system? To be honest, I used a less than legal copy before going to 52%, and while it wouldn't work well, it didn't do this... Thanks.

Well I spoke slightly prematurely, I rebooted in safe mode and uninstalled Alcohol and I'm working now. Is there any solution? Will Daemon Tools do the same thing?

#24 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:17 AM

Have you tried to install SPTD 1.42? You'll find the installer at www.duplexsecure.com. Try to install it and if everything turns to be allright then go on installing Alcohol.

#25 Trial User_Trial User_Jason_*_*

• Guests

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Mar 21 2007, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you tried to install SPTD 1.42? You'll find the installer at www.duplexsecure.com. Try to install it and if everything turns to be allright then go on installing Alcohol.

Thanks. I just tried that, it said I had the older version, so I updated and restarted. Once I went through the Alcohol 52% install though, it rebooted again.

#26 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:27 PM

Have you tried

Uninstall all software using SPTD layer (e.g. Alcohol, Daemon Tools), open registry editor (execute regedit) and go to this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd
change the Start value to 4 (disabled), and reboot.
After reboot delete the whole sptd key in services hive. If you get error message about permissions enable all permissions on cfg key first.
Execute 1.42 stand-alone installer then to install SPTD, reboot, then run 1.42 installer again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users