Option in the last step of burning for eject the cd or not?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Trial User_Forkler_*

Trial User_Forkler_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2006 - 09:10 PM

Is a good idea if is included an option in Alcohol 120% for when is burning the CD/DVD and in the last step of burning options(select speed for burn etc)for eject the cd or not. Many times for example I need the CD/DVD ejected and many times not... I have a tower with door and I open or close it depending if I reside in the computer, if the door is closed the my device of CD/DVD burning is damaged. Many times in the 50% of burning I are with the door open for take the CD/DVD and in front of the computer and need go out of house and other reasons, and probaly the device for burn CD/DVD and the CD/DVD pass various hours open... I need an option in the burning process for eject the CD/DVD or not depending of my circumstances.

Many thanks if you add this option to the program, and sorry for my english.

#2 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:26 PM

All suggestions are weighed up, however before the DEV Team will consider requests from trial users a System Report will need to be submitted.

http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=23848

#3 Trial User_Forkler_*

Trial User_Forkler_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2006 - 07:40 AM

Don't understand why need the sysmtem report if this is only a suggestion of feature, but ok I create the system report in various hours(need download the trial version etc because i are in the work now...).

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:28 AM

You need to download the trial version? What version are you currently using? ban.gif

#5 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Nov 14 2006, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You need to download the trial version? What version are you currently using? ban.gif

The trial version, but I now are in the work and here not exist any version of alcohol, here only have work and I not have much time for test it here... in the next minutes I try to install and post my specs, sorry.

#6 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:04 PM

A system report is required when posting in the trial forum. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them. However, if you want the DEV team to look at the merit of the request and maybe add something in for you, they'll want this report from your home computer.

#7 Trial User_Guest_*

Trial User_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:01 PM

On are my already posted specs?. ######, I no need waste more time in this I only test a trial, no adaptation for my interests no problem I try other product. I only burn standard isos and mount images, and for this matter daemon tools, NTI and imgburn or other for my interests is enough for me. Thanks for nothing, I go out and no waste more your/my time.

Bye.

#8 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:07 AM

Your time was not wasted, your system report is still visable to those who need to see it, we do not leave system reports visable for others to view,

What you ask is already in the software, look in "Options"\Recording you can set it there to eject or not as you wish

#9 Trial User_Forkler_*

Trial User_Forkler_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2006 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Phoenix @ Nov 15 2006, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What you ask is already in the software, look in "Options"\Recording you can set it there to eject or not as you wish

Yeah I know that, but my suggestion is very different. Much times I not know if in the 80% of the burning process I need go out and need eject the CD/DVD *or not*. The majority of times I have activated this option of eject the cd, but when I need go out of home etc this is a problem for me...

#10 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:52 PM

I'm sorry but I really do not know what it is your asking for, if you eject the disc 80% of the way through a write then the disc will not be completed and you will have wasted a disc ??

#11 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:02 PM

Er, I think I missunderstood the original suggestion. I can't see why anyone would want to eject the disc before the process is completed.

#12 Trial User_Forkler_*

Trial User_Forkler_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:42 AM

Is well explained and simple: include a markable option in the burning process for eject the cd or not when the burning process is finished. If you not find a good use for this much people yes.

#13 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 08:21 AM

I think he means he never knows when he will or won't need to have the disc eject, so he wants it to be an option during the Image Burning Wizard, instead of in the general options so he can set it on a case-by-case basis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users