Question about Uninstallation

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Trial User_Brett_*

Trial User_Brett_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2007 - 08:46 PM

Hello Alcohol 120 forums,

I am having trouble uninstalling my trial version of Alcohol 120%.

Whenever I double click the "uninst" program in my alcohol folder, it says that "Setup is unable to validate installation". At first I thought this was weird, so I just simply reinstalled it. Again, I received the same error, and have continuously tried to reinstall and uninstall.

Any help is resolving this issue is highly appreciated!

(Using the Alcohol120_trial_1.9.6.4719)

#2 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:47 AM

To manually remove Alcohol, please adopt following steps:
1.run "regedit"
2.Find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{E9F81423-211E-46B6-9AE0-38568BC5CF6F}", then delete that.
3.Find "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\32418F9EE1126B64A90E8365B85CFCF6", then delete that.
4.If any Alcohol Folder are still there Delete them
5.Visit Duplex Secure http://www.duplexsec...om/en/downloads and download the SPTD Installer run this and choose Uninstall

Alcohol and SPTD are now removed from your System.

#3 Trial User_Brett_*

Trial User_Brett_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:14 AM

Thank you so much for your help and fast reply!

#4 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:06 AM

Your welcome

#5 Trial User_Brett_*

Trial User_Brett_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:42 PM

Sorry, but now upon looking,

..32418F9EE1126B64A90E8365B85CFCF6

doesn't exist in the location you said. Any thoughts? The other file was right there, but the second one was not.

#6 Jito463

Jito463

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:40 PM

If it doesn't exist, then that means Alcohol didn't completely install so you can just delete the installation directory.

#7 Trial User_Brett_*

Trial User_Brett_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:57 PM

I feel pretty bad to continuously ask for help, but I really do appreciate it, and the support here is outstanding.

Jito: When I tried your suggestion, it tells me I cannot delete: StarWindService, or the logs. (Everything else is gone though). This a problem?

Well, please read on, maybe this may clarify things..

I wanted to uninstall A120 because there is a problem whenever I am trying to play a game. An error appears saying that an conflict occurred with disc emulator software, etc. (This is Securom, btw).

Previously to uninstallation, I set the number of Virtual drives to 0 (in A120), but still have this same error.
I have checked all other previous programs (to my knowledge) that may have had virtual drives and disabled them/uninstalled the program entirely.
Also to add, I tried the uninstallation of SPTD, but still received the same error as before.
I have been surfing the threads lately, and have read something quite similar to my problem, but it has not resolved by doing other things suggested.

A few things to ask:

Is there a way to check if any virtual drives are active still, (via any program)? This may be the headshot kill I need to solve my problem.
Are there more things involved with emulation in trial_1.9.6.4719?

Thank you again for help provided, I won't forget this!

System report removed by zamiel

#8 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:17 AM

To remove the service in XP, stop the service and open up a command prompt and type:

sc delete starwindservice

Only do this if you cannot remove it via the services console panel (Start > Run > services.msc).

I wanted to uninstall A120 because there is a problem whenever I am trying to play a game. An error appears saying that an conflict occurred with disc emulator software, etc. (This is Securom, btw).

This is called blacklisting. Try downloading YASU or CureRom. Running either in conjuction with Alcohol and the backup (image or disc) should be sufficient enough to get the backup working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users