Photo

Will you be upgrading to Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Windows 7

What version will you use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 BigTy

BigTy

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:56 AM

Have at it guys and gals simple question.

#2 Shikyo

Shikyo

1% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:52 AM

I've been using Windows 7 RC for a while already and I don't really want to go back so when the time's up for this one I will be "upgrading" over to Home Premium. I don't see a reason to pay more for any other version as they don't really give anything special to me to make it worth the extra price.

#3 Moonie

Moonie

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:05 PM

i have upgrade the vista crap to Win7 and i will never go back ^^

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:03 PM

I'll stick to my Windows XP for now, untill I buy a new computer with Windows 7 or perhaps Windows 8. cool.gif

#5 Moonie

Moonie

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Oct 21 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll stick to my Windows XP for now, untill I buy a new computer with Windows 7 or perhaps Windows 8. cool.gif

my favorit is XP too but i cant install on my laptop.
there a no x64 driver for that sad.gif so i can use with xp only 3gb ram (4g installalled)

on my "Monstermachine" ^^ biggrin.gif runnig still XP and this will never upgrade to Win XXXX ^^

#6 alexzamp

alexzamp

Italian Translator

• Alcohol Translator
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:52 AM

Upgraded few days ago to Win7 Ultimate and I'm very happy with it. I don't even think to go back.

#7 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:11 AM

I always have an idea that the very first version of each Windows is not consistent with subsequent editions, eg the very first Windows XP (without SP) ceased supporting after the SP1 had released and also some new parts do not match with that Windows by design, so I shall wait and see the results of Windows 7 first.

Well, just discovered that Windows 7 is actually not Windows 7.0 but 6.1. biggrin.gif

#8 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:36 AM

Windows XP (without SP) ceased supporting after the SP1

No, Microsoft supports its products for 5 years, that's probably why the SP3 for Windows requires SP1 or SP2 to be installed since SP3 was released more than 5 years after the original Windows XP.

Well, just discovered that Windows 7 is actually not Windows 7.0 but 6.1.

That's right, they probably named them Windows 7 in order to distinct them from Windows 6- which of course is the not so successfull Windows Vista.

#9 MaLing

MaLing

Official Birthday Wisher

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (Charalambos)
Microsoft supports its products for 5 years, that's probably why the SP3 for Windows requires SP1 or SP2 to be installed since SP3 was released more than 5 years after the original Windows XP.

Oh! I see! Right, this is very probably the reason why SP1 or SP2 must have been installed before SP3. You have enlightened me! Thanks! biggrin.gif

#10 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:50 PM

You are always welcome. smile.gif

#11 Smabbage

Smabbage

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 449 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:53 AM

Just upgraded to Home Premium. 3 hour process but went off without a hitch. The upgrade broke Alcohol (Fixed with a reinstall) and HP's Quickplay Media player (Fixed with compatibility mode tweaks). All in all though, it was relatively painless. smile.gif

#12 Moonie

Moonie

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:08 AM

first for all before you upgrade you should uninstall virtual drives, STPD and burning software smile.gif

you can download a retail Win7 wihtout HP brand and install with your serial!

#13 Moonie

Moonie

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (Smabbage @ Oct 30 2009, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just upgraded to Home Premium. 3 hour process but went off without a hitch. The upgrade broke Alcohol (Fixed with a reinstall) and HP's Quickplay Media player (Fixed with compatibility mode tweaks). All in all though, it was relatively painless. smile.gif

i see you have an HP Laptop. Which Model you have and you same problems like me when you try to play from a full image a SECUROM protected game?

#14 Smabbage

Smabbage

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 449 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:55 AM

I'm running a dv7-1183cl laptop. 2.0 Ghz dual core, 4 Gigs of RAM, and two 250 Gig Hard Drives. Nice enough system I guess. Haven't played any games protected by Securom in a long time. Most of the games I play are older Safedisc protected titles. Go figure. smile.gif

#15 shawn_nee

shawn_nee

120% Member

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:22 PM

I purchased the home premium family pack. I have upgraged my main XP home, the only hitch I found was getting my Audigy 2 ZS Platinum installed with the correct drivers. I cannot get the same functions like before and that irks me just a bit. Other than that the wife's computer is scheduled next, just getting all the documents off of it to be saved.

#16 Smabbage

Smabbage

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 449 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:40 PM

Aw heck, do like I did. Cast restraint to the wind and throw the install disc in. Don't back up jack and hope all goes well. Worked a treat for me. wink.gif Probably should have uninstalled Alcohol and deauthorized iTunes before I began but NO! Where's the fun in that?! Just gave me something to do for an hour after the three hour upgrade. smile.gif

#17 BigTy

BigTy

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:34 PM

I went the technet route myself smile.gif, all desktops and laptops are now on W7 Ultimate the noly issue I did have with fresh install of upgrade was with Alc. But over very smooth transition.

#18 Robbo

Robbo

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:35 AM

Fresh install of Ultimate 64bit till now no real problems at all.

#19 Smabbage

Smabbage

100% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 449 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:32 AM

Since upgrading to Windows 7 Home Premium 64 from Vista 64 the only thing I've had to do so far was delete and rebuild my Gadget's settings .ini file. Not to shabby.

#20 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:03 AM

Installed Ultimate smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users