4 replies to this topic

#1 shlocna

shlocna

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:55 PM

Hello I recently upgraded to Win7. I am now unable to use alcohol 120% at all. I followed the instalation directions for 7 but now not only is A120 not wanting to work but i cant uninstall it or SPTD from my computer. SPTD seems to never install in the first place but I can find all the stuff in regedit and system 32.

SO you know what i did i would try to run the A120 installer. It told me to install STPD then restart. After restarting it would run in a loop of retarting the A120 installer then try installing SPTD then restarting. after that i tried to erase the keys for SPTD in regedit. no matter the permission changes i made it wouldnta llow me to erase them. Nor after deleting the system 32 parts. So after this i thought i would try from scratch. but when trying to uninstall A120 i get this error message:

Setup is unable to validate installation.

I have tried everything i can think of short of wiping my hard drive. Please help

#2 NARS

NARS

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:49 PM

Please download and run the following tool:
http://forum.alcohol...s/sptdremov.exe
After removing SPTD from your system and restarting Windows as requested by the tool (you may need to reboot twice in some cases, the tool will tell you) then please try to reinstall Alcohol again.

If you continue having problems please try to temporarily disable (or even uninstall) your real-time antivirus, firewall or any other security software and try to install Alcohol again. We had some reports recently of conflicts between SPTD and latest versions of ZoneAlarm, Spyware Doctor and PC Tools ThreadFire products.

#3 Jiellen

Jiellen

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:02 AM

Thank you so much for the link you shared,this is a big help on me...

God bless...

#4 NARS

NARS

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:31 AM

You are welcome ;)

#5 Lai55

Lai55

1% Member

• Members